What are your favorite songs?

The finest Hendrix song is clearly All Along the Watch Tower.

It's criminally hard to narrow down my favourite songs as I have so many of them. Everyone goes through phases where they completely adore a song so much to the point where they overplay it and grow bored of it eventually. However, one can never ever tire of the sheer brilliance of Cigarettes & Alcohol. What a landmark song of the 90's and the purest depiction of everything Oasis are great for.

evertonfan added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Dan, the video is no longer available. Who was it and what song?

My name's not Dan ;) And it was a top 10 list of all time guitar riffs. I don't agree with it though.

!x!Culli!x! added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Is It Myyyyyyyyy Imaginaaaaation?

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunsssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Lolz, reminds me of fenners from Soccer AM being the ref for the 'can i kick it?' penaltys.

"Out here in the Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunsheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnne"

Back when Soccer AM, was Soccer AM.

I wanna see JUSTICE at Leeds so much but, and I'm gonna regret saying this as Matt will be in the same area, my Mum's going so I can't :p

HI HO RICKY HATTOn, eating all the pies now baby, :D

That must be quality to sing along with, I'll go to New York next Spring to do it.

When the Game use to be good, on their first album.

You down for me, I down for you
You down on me, I down on you.

Hmm, got a few artists I really like, favourite songs are hard to pinpoint:

FEEDER
THE POLICE
HELL IS FOR HEROES
TOOL
STEREOPHONICS
JIMMY EAT WORLD
INXS
U2
DEF LEPPARD
DAVE MATTHEWS BAND
STAIND
RADIOHEAD

Most 80's pop music is classic and early 90's rock music.

Aye, Hendrix is a legend. I've got a few of his tracks, Purple Haze, Voodoo Child and Foxy Lady, but could really do with some more. Might have to get his greatest hits album at some point.
The greatest hits is worth the buy. I got it for like $10 and was the best $10 I ever spent.
The finest Hendrix song is clearly All Along the Watch Tower.

Yeah as Joe pointed out that's a cover, but its still one of his best, his best being Castles Made of Sand. I have changed my opinion on my favorite songs by two bands:

Nirvana - Rape me - Heart Shaped Box
Junoon - Heeray - Ghoom

Bob Dylan has said he prefers Jimi's version.

"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief!"

Dylan's original.

Hendrix's version.

Pure genius.

Dylan has described his reaction to hearing Hendrix's version: "It overwhelmed me, really. He had such talent, he could find things inside a song and vigorously develop them. He found things that other people wouldn't think of finding in there. He probably improved upon it by the spaces he was using. I took license with the song from his version, actually, and continue to do it to this day."

Learned something today, didn't realise All Along the Watchtower was a cover. But then again, Classic Rock's not really my speciality. I'll own everyone of you on Oasis and the Libertines though. And Kasabian obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread