Your Cricket What club in Sydney do you play for?

BONED!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just wondering to all the aussie's on the board, what clubs do you sydney-siders play for?

I am playing for West Ryde Rovers Opens next season! (medium-fast bowler)

Actually, why not just name your club and what you play as (eg. fast bowler / open bat)

Last edited:
well i play easts under 16 but not greenies,
i bowl left arm offies and middle order bat

I also played a game for South Sydney 4th Grade
got a duck (RUN OUT)
and bowled 11 overs 9 runs 2 wickets

Last edited:
I move around a lot. I used to play A grade for my school but so far i've played a game for North Shore (A grade) and Pymble (A reserve), a brief game for Ghosts (adult), Trinity Grammar School (2nd XI) and Cobbity Club (under 18). I missed the club registration cause i had the HSC. I need to find a stable club but most are full. I'm moving to Lagarno in a few weeks so i'll see if there is any free St. George Clubs.

I'm an all-rounder. A great day is when i do both pretty well but generally one fails miserably (batting usually) and the other is ok to good. My bowling is far more consistent unlike my batting...

My brother was playing for Randwick seconds at one stage, pretty good player, not as good as me though :p I've never played club cricket in Sydney.

^^Its good fun. The sledging is awesome. Though some clubs are a bit uptight about sledging like North Shore barely said anything while West Pymble talked the whole day. I played my club cricket in Germany and then India so yeah its completely new to me and kinda why i love it.

^^Its good fun. The sledging is awesome. Though some clubs are a bit uptight about sledging like North Shore barely said anything while West Pymble talked the whole day. I played my club cricket in Germany and then India so yeah its completely new to me and kinda why i love it.

Regarding that, how do you go about sledging. Do you just try to block it out and not get involved or do chirp back? I've done both and I think the latter is a bad idea. Everytime I have a go back at them my mind stop concentrating on the ball and more on them.

So is the sledging bad in sydney grade? My brother never mentioned any sledging.

Regarding that, how do you go about sledging. Do you just try to block it out and not get involved or do chirp back? I've done both and I think the latter is a bad idea. Everytime I have a go back at them my mind stop concentrating on the ball and more on them.

So is the sledging bad in sydney grade? My brother never mentioned any sledging.

I block it out and let my bat do the talking. Sometimes i smile back and just nod. To infuriate the bowler after i hit a four i nod to him. I don't sledge when bowling. I don't start i merely react.

From my experience nothing too personal or rascist. Its more "send the little pup to the pavilion" or "quick get him out so he can have his baby feed". I look young so i've earned the name pup wherever i play except under 18.

Last edited:
I find the sledging can get quite rough when you are batting, especially if you are lower order. I am a very defensive batter and fielders tend to move in close on me because I am not confident in my skills. So the sledging in close gets real rough, usually involving mothers and animals and whatnot.

One guy made a joke that my mum was easy, so I should be a pushover of a wicket. Needless to say I tossed defense to the wind and placed a cover-drive directly at him, breaking his finger. Now nobody moves in on me, and the sledging has eased off.

:D:D

I'm a number 3 or number 4 batsman (more 4 than 3) so the amount of close-in fielders is a lot less than a lower order batsman. That sucks Boned. I would do the same thing if it comes to being personal.

One guy made a joke that my mum was easy, so I should be a pushover of a wicket. Needless to say I tossed defense to the wind and placed a cover-drive directly at him, breaking his finger. Now nobody moves in on me, and the sledging has eased off.

:D:D

Thats the way. :p

Try hitting guy at silly point with your bat. Its funny you will see wicket keeper will also go back. Its simple no match raferee here so beat hell out of someone and sledging will stop automatically.

P.S. Hope you are friends with guys with muscle.

Haha!!

* Bowler bowls a bouncer to a batsman who just manages to sway away from the ball.

* Slip Fielder: "Get his girlfriend out here, she won't mind balls in the face."

Users who are viewing this thread