Your Cricket What cricket bat do you use?

A circa 1972 Slazenger that I inadvertantly forgot to put back in the school cricket kitbag after a game. Still good enough to use today if I was fortunate enough to get a knock.

I either use use Kukaburra or Reebok. Well, I use both these bats according to situation. I've heavy Reebok bat and much lighter Kukaburra. I love playing with both of them. I use them as the situation demands.

got the new slazenger. Never rated them but this one is going well for me :D

psi339.jpg

I brought GM Luna, it's a terrific bat!

I don't currently own a bat, but I've always felt comfortable batting with anything Grey-Nicholls. When I buy my own, it's definitely going to be that manufacturer. All of their bats just feel right in my hand.

As far as weight goes, I don't like very heavy bats. I prefer the lighter ones because my hand speed isn't too bad and those that I time, I time well.

i am using old model SG which was once used by Sachin;)

I just bought a slightly older Reebok. My reasoning emphasizes the point of trying bats. Going into the shop I would never have reasoned that of all bats, I would prefer that one, but I picked up quite a few bats and that was the one that most loudly said it deserved to be owned. It must be said, I'm not a heavy bat person; it was a 2'8", but most of the bats for comparison were similar. I love the pickup and it looks like a much heavier bat; a confirming sign pf good pickup. I'll also say for the record that bats at half the price did not compete, but it is a complicated thing. Try some bats; decide on a bat. I like my bats untreated, others might prefer them to be Extrateced. Feelings might make you spend a bit more, but that might not be a bad thing.

Just but reebok classic edition

Got a new Zig tech. But heavy and not as good as the Puma Calibre

I prefer light bats (less than 2 pounds 9 ounces in my books).

However when buying lighter bats, I think you run a higher risk of getting one with a dud sweet spot.

I've found that testing the size and 'ping' of the sweet spot is easily done by tapping the face of the bat with a mallet. (make sure you ask the store's permission to do this though).

Bought this. I had a lovely time with the Powerbow 2009 range so expecting more from this one. It's a junior size bat.

PowerbowBat2012_PL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread