What were your favourite/ worst 2007 World Cup memories?

best memories: Ireland and Bangladesh causing all the upsets.
worst memories:Australia thrashing all the other teams and death of bob woolmer.

Best : On the same day, Ireland & Bangladesh suprising everyone with the victories against Pakistan and India respectively.

Worst : Tendulkar, in Lankan match, getting out to a bowler who was struggling in WC throughout :mad: and Smith's dismissal in Semis.

Best: Probably Aussies winning :) Malingas 4 in 4, and gibbs 6 sixes in 6 balls
Worst: The cup itself being in the West Indies. The West Indies is the worst time zone in the cricket country for the Australians :p Any other countries feel that way? New Zealand maybe?

Feelin Blue? said:
The cup itself being in the West Indies. The West Indies is the worst time zone in the cricket country for the Australians :p Any other countries feel that way? New Zealand maybe?

That problem is in India... Not the starting time problem but the ending time problem :p In India, it starts around 7-8 PM and ends at around morning 3-4 PM. In that Ireland Vs Pakistan match, i was watching till 5 AM which was delayed due to rains. ;)

surendar said:
That problem is in India... Not the starting time problem but the ending time problem :p In India, it starts around 7-8 PM and ends at around morning 3-4 PM. In that Ireland Vs Pakistan match, i was watching till 5 AM which was delayed due to rains. ;)
Yea the rain delay is the killer ;) i was planning on watching the final but due to the rain delay i fell asleep before it started :p
I woke up later to see the last 20 overs..

best memories? Let me think... hmmmmmm...

capt.jcwc10504282259.wcup_cricket_world_cup_australia_sri_lanka_jcwc105.jpg

Best: Aussies shalacking every team in the world cup.

Worst: There were no bad memories.

Best: Aussies shalacking every team in the world cup.

Worst: The numerous retirements of some great cricketing legends and Bob Woolmer's murder

Worst: Pakistan losing to Ireland, Inzamam and Lara retiring and Sri Lanka losing to Australia in the finals with help from weather ofcourse!

Favourite: India and SA losing to Bangladesh!

My Best was watching Bangladesh defeating India! They were just going nuts! And Loving It.

My Worst was the actual Final, ruined by rain, and Australia's dominance made the match pretty boring (Except for Gilly).

Best Memories: The West Indian victory over Pakistan in the opening match, showing fight, self belief and passion. Matthew Hayden. Ireland.

Worst Memories: The sometimes poor TV coverage (switching channels for football, etc. unlike 2003 when SS3 was dedicated to the tournament), the absolute farce that was the final and England.

Worst Memory: saying goodbye to the pidgeon

Users who are viewing this thread