What would be your squad for world cup 2015?

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So, as the title suggest its the team or nation you support and you're the boss for a while :p Lets pick the best or the right squad in your standards for your team to be played at World Cup 2015.

The mandatory squad limit is 15 players for the major International events like world cups, champions trophy, etc. Sure things, this rule would be continued but I'm picking 15+ men's squad considering that my favorite team is struggling with few options/bowling pairs, and there is a last surviving chance for everyone in the next couple of months.

MS Dhoni(C, WK) & Virat Kohli: No issues on these twos. The most leading and much stable options form our side. One to lead the team and other as an assistant to the skipper. [HASHTAG]#MiddleOrder[/HASHTAG]
Shikhar Dhawan: The guy seemed in and out of the form since 2014 year began but now given some relief to the selectors with his brilliant performance in recent 2/3 series. [HASHTAG]#Opener[/HASHTAG]
Ajinkya Rahane & Rohit Sharma: Two lads from Mumbai showing some great potential at the opening spot. On the team sheet, one of them to be sent with Dhawan as partner but both the players should appear in the playing XI because of their technical play style and enough oversea experience they've than other young players. [HASHTAG]#Opener[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#MiddleOrder[/HASHTAG]
Suresh Raina: He has been in tremendous form recently and would be selected as one of the chief man in the 15 men's side. The left handed batsman is well known for his match winning innings and the innings building knocks. Most recently, he has also been seen as the emerging all rounder. [HASHTAG]#MiddleOrder[/HASHTAG]
Ravindra Jadeja & Ravichandran Ashwin: Main spinners in our team. Both are effective partnership breakers, able to pressurize the new and the settled batsmen and also does bowl tight overs when only 3 men are allowed to stay in out-circle. While on the Aussie and New Zealand soil it is rare to see a team playing with 2 spinners, but Jadeja is only the in-form all rounder option India had during past 2-3 years. Jadeja is efficient batsman when playing down the order and in the last stages of the inning. Plus he has proven already that he's a potential all rounder with the bat on oversea pitches when India toured to New Zealand and England this year. [HASHTAG]#LowerOrder[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#Spinner[/HASHTAG]
Mohammed Shami & Bhuvneshwar Kumar: Leading pace bowlers from Indian side. Shami is the leading wicket taker in ODIs this year, plus he is the best available option in our side who bowl economically well in the 41-50 overs spell. His bowling stats of this year are absolutely mind blowing. Played 16 matches picking 38 wickets @22.94. The most better part of his presence in team is that he could pick very crucial wickets, exactly at the important time, almost in each game he plays.
Bhuvi is very very talented. A better opening stand is not just important while batting but a fantastic opening from the bowlers can decide the result of the match in first 15 overs. And that's what, Bhuvi is the right man for this job as he has the brilliant swinging hand and the perfect look to bowl at right places. [HASHTAG]#Seamer[/HASHTAG]
Ambati Rayudu: A strong back up option in the middle order department but also it would be no wonder if he sees in the playing XI from the first day, replacing one of the batsman except Kohli and Dhoni. [HASHTAG]#MiddleOrder[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#Reserve[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#SquadRotation[/HASHTAG]

Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Mohit Sharma & Varun Aaron: Aaron and Yadav owns some pace suiting to the conditions in Austrailia but lacks some other qualities. Mohit Sharma and Ishant does not differ from them, they got some bouncer and cutters but lacks the pace with the ball. It is really hard to appoint a new pace bowler when the tournament is too close and least time is available. That's why no new comer is expected to be in. But all of them yet need to prove why they are the right man for 3rd pacer in the playing XI, still they all could make their place in the 15 as the team need various seem options all of them represent the weakest seamers' side.:p; notwithstanding the selectors shall drop any one, worse of them. So the ongoing series and the upcoming ones are the last chance to present themselves before getting their feet on world's greatest platform. [HASHTAG]#ThirdSeamer[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#Reserves[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#SquadRotation[/HASHTAG]

Axar, Wriddhiman Saha & Karn Sharma: Everyone is a youngster but what they done in the domestic limited overs cricket earned them the International cap. Still the suspense with them but they're going to be the part of Indian future team someday. They're doing enough better than what the other players and dropped seniors are doing. I just hope they rise their performance and gets the ticket to the world cup. :) [HASHTAG]#Reserves[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#SquadRotation[/HASHTAG]

Preferred XI:
Shikhar Dhawan
Ajinkya Rahane
Virat Kohli
Rohit Sharma
Suresh Raina
MS Dhoni (C, wk)
Ravindra Jadeja
Ravichandran Ashwin
Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Mohammed Shami
Umesh Yadav

Last edited:
S Dhawan
A Rahane
V Kohli
S Raina
A Rayudu
MS Dhoni
R Jadeja
R Ashwin
Bhuvaneshwar Kr
U Yadav
V Aaron

R Sharma
I Sharma
N Ojha
A Mishra/M Ozil

Rahane,Dhawan,Rohit,KL Rahul as top order batsman
Kohli,Rayudu,Raina in the middle order
MS Dhoni,W Saha for keeping
R Ashwin,Ravindra Jadeja,Axar Patel as spinners
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar,Shami Ahmad,Umesh Yadav,Varun Aaron,Ishant Sharma as seamers

1. My XI :
  2. Ajinkya Rahane
  3. Shikhar Dhawan / Robin Uthappa / KL Rahul
  4. Virat Kohli
  5. Suresh Raina
  6. MS Dhoni :wk: :c:
  7. Ambati Rayudu
  8. Axar Patel / Ravindra Jadeja
  9. Ravichandran Ashwin
  10. Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
  11. Mohammad Shami
  12. Ishant Sharma / Varun Aaron / Umesh Yadav

My XI Ajinkya,Shikhar,Virat,Rohit,Raina,Dhoni,Jadeja,Ashwin,B Kumar,Shami,Yadaav and back up players is Rayudu,Binny,Karn,Aaron

My Dream Team :
1. Rahane
2. Dhawan/Uthappa
3. Rohit
4. Kohli (c)
5. Dhoni (wk)
6. Raina
7. Irfan Pathan / Jadeja
8. Akshar Patel
9. Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
10. Mohammed Shami
11. Ishant Sharma / Yadav / Aaron

My Dream Team :
1. Rahane
2. Dhawan/Uthappa
3. Rohit
4. Kohli (c)
5. Dhoni (wk)
6. Raina
7. Irfan Pathan / Jadeja
8. Akshar Patel
9. Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
10. Mohammed Shami
11. Ishant Sharma / Yadav / Aaron

Put your team in the jokes thread. Can't stop laughing...

Put your team in the jokes thread. Can't stop laughing...
Can You specify which thread? -_-
I like Kohli's Aggression in the field and he backs his players every moment. He sent Rayudu in front of Him in the previous match , and toady used his bowlers in the absence of Ishant beautifully!

Last edited:
Can You specify which thread? -_-
I like Kohli's Aggression in the field and he backs his players every moment. He sent Rayudu in front of Him in the previous match , and toady used his bowlers in the absence of Ishant beautifully!
Rayudu was sent to prove himself, which he did well. The management is working hard on the world cup squad and Rayudu's promotion is part of it. Kohli has nothing to do with that.
Yes, he did use his bowlers well. But I feel that Sri Lanka is not at all prepared for this series.

Reactions: Ohm
when your dream team includes ishant sharma, you know that something is wrong

e: For England; I can't 100% come up with something until closer to the thing but ideally they should bring in someone aggressive up top, at least pick Ravi in the squad and in the XI don't pick Stokes and Woakes at the same time. Thinking about it I'd go for the latter based on this year's form, but that is likely to change and both should get a decent go in Sri Lanka and in the tri-series to work out who is in form. Ideally they should treat the India/Australia thing as a glorified set of warm up games to let everyone play a game or two in Australian conditions (and getting Broad back into the swing of things as well, while resting Jimmy). If we win then it'd be pretty good; but I'm not going to cry if England pick an attack of Broad/Jordan/Tredwell/Gurney/Woakes in one of the games and struggle to win, since no one is going to remember it by the time the World Cup properly starts and we start playing with a squad used to the conditions.

I don't know a great deal about the specifics of Scottish cricket; I just hope that all of our best players are able to go and play in Australia. Associate cricket usually means someone key not being able to play because of work of the like - cricket isn't a full time thing for these people and they all do various full time jobs. The fact that its the World Cup makes it much more likely that we'll have a full strength team though.

Last edited:
I think he was this Ishant who ripped through the England batting Lineup in the Lords Test! :lol

SA squad that I would pick.

1.QDK
2.Amla
3.Faf
4.Rillee
5.AB
6.Miller
7.JP
8.Philander
9.Steyn
10.Morkel
11.Tahir
12.De Lange
12.McClaren
13.Parnel
14.Phangiso
15.De Bruin

My England Squad

1. Cook(can't change captain now. Would've made the change before home India series)
2. Hales
3. Bell/Taylor
4. Root
5. Morgan
6. Bopara
7. Buttler
8. Stokes
9. Broad
10. Tredwell
11. Anderson

12. Bell/Taylor
13. Finn
14. Woakes
15. Patel

Think that's pretty close to what the squad will be. Probably Ali in for Patel and maybe Jordan instead of either Woakes or Stokes.

Expect similar personally, Ali is practically locked in over Patel now I think and I think Woakes should play over Stokes right now. I'd even go as far as Taylor over Hales.

Users who are viewing this thread