What would be your squad for world cup 2015?

This is my Bangladesh team:

Tamim Iqbal
Anamul Haque
Naeem Islam
Mahmudullah
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Nasir Hossain
Mashrafe Mortaza
Arafat Sunny
Taskin Ahmed
Rubel Hossain

Imrul Kayes
Sabbir Rahman
Taijul Islam
Al-Amin Hossain

Bowling attack looks decent. It's the batting I'm concerned about, with most of these guys not playing in Australia before, and looking suspect again pace and spin this year. I'd be overjoyed if we somehow make it to the quarters.

Surprising that one scoring 264 in an inning has been neglected.:p

All-time great !

Rohit doesn't deserve to be in the squad for the World Cup. He'll make it riding on the back of his 264, but he is going to be more of a passenger on the World Cup.

I would like the Australian Team as follows:
Top Order:
1. David Warner
2. Aaron Finch
3. Shane Watson
The openers are no surprises. Shane Watson is out of form but in limited overs and in Australia, he might just make an impact. Moreover there is no reliable No. 3 in Australia ever since Ponting went out of form and ultimately retired.

Middle Order:
4. Michael Clarke (c) (If he is fit)
5. Steve Smith (Many will call him to be captain if Clarke isn't fit but World Cup is too huge to bring in a new captain, so I will go with Bailey)
6. Mitchell Marsh
The Middle order is an easy pick if Clarke is fit. If he isn't, there are huge concerns on the experience of middle order. Bailey will get experience in but still a lot will then depend on Smith and how long can he continue this unbelievable patch of runs. Marsh can be solid as well as power through the final overs but still is very fresh player for a World Cup. When in form, this middle order can win matches for Australia but still it can be the biggest weakness and depends too much on Smith.

Wicket Keeper:
7. Brad Haddin
Many will call me stupid to give Haddin a chance but his experience will count. Dunk does not keep as a regular for domestic sides and Wade is a bit slow and hard hitting may be required in depth overs. Also, Haddin is in good form as a keeper and might save 20-25 runs on fast bouncy pitches besides taking crucial catches.

Bowlers:
8. James Faulkner
9. Mitchell Johnson
10. Mitchell Starc
11. Cameron Boyce
The Bowling selection is the toughest with so many good fast men and so little good spinners. Starc can bowl excellent yorkers at depth. Johnson for the X factor. Faulkner is more of an all rounder (and finisher) and also for his slower bowls. With Watson and Marsh also in team, his bowling might be enough. Cameron Boyce because containing spinners have never actually been able to contain for Australia. Boyce might be the answer as an aggressive spinner and give atleast a chance of wickets even after opposition get to a good start.

Substitutes:
12. Gerorge Bailey (Captain and in Playing XI if Clarke isn't fit)
13. Glen Maxwell
14. Josh Hazelwood
15. Ryan Harris
Ryan Harris is my surprise. He might just bring in a sort of conventional bowling. That nipping outside off stump line which might work if the pitch has a little bit to offer.
James Pattinson does not have enough match practice after his injury or I would have picked him instead of Hazelwood. Bailey is there for his temperament and experience. He also has done well but for his most recent form. Maxwell is hard to keep out for his X-Factor. There might be 1 or 2 matches that just change course because of him and propel Australia forward in the tournament. If Watson doesn't do well in 1 or 2 matches early on, get Maxwell in the XI.

All these extras should be rotated depending on the pitch and conditions. Like on a turning or good batting track Maxwell should be in for Watson/Marsh as his spin might stem the run flow and a cameo might give extra 30-40 runs. Bailey in for Watson if his batting is failing. Harris in for Starc on a seeming wicket. Hazelwood in if any 1 of fast men is terribly out of form or injured.

While I would pick Cameron White straight away but he hasn't actually done consistently well at International level. Still he should be in if Michael Clarke isn't fit before the start just because of the excellent Matador Cup 2104/15 he had and also his experience.

Many of us know that R.Jadeja is suffering from injury and there is very less chance of getting selected in the 15 members squad. BCCI is under confusion of whom to select to fill Jadeja's place. Yuvaraj has scored 520 runs out of 3 matches in Ranji which includes 3 hundreds and 1 fifty. He is completely ready to continue the same form in WC aswell. What is your views on that?

Last edited:
I am sure Yuvraj won't be there in the final 15. If Jadeja is injured, Akshar Patel will come in place of him. Yes, Yuvraj is in good form but you can't just choose a player outside of the probables list like that. If you are doing that then there is no point of choosing the probables list. I wanted the selectors to choose Yuvraj in the probable list because he has been a match winner for India.

Pretty happy with SA world cup squad. Could maybe argue against behardien but guess his last innings vs aus got him the nod. Not much pick between McClaren and Parnell, guess the left arm variety swayed it.

AB de Villiers (capt), Hashim Amla, Kyle Abbott, Farhaan Behardien, Quinton de Kock (wk), JP Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Imran Tahir, David Miller, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Aaron Phangiso, Vernon Philander, Rilee Rossouw, Dale Steyn

South Africa gamble on Quinton de Kock | Cricket News | ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 | ESPN Cricinfo

Users who are viewing this thread