Whats is your best bit of Sledging?

That is a good one. Bet ya he didn't do that again for a while. :)

no... he didnt... next one was a yorker... which sent middle stump flying! :crying

"Did you hit that one? I cant see where the bails landed!" :mad

Once I was playing a match and fielding at first slip, when a "slightly" overweight batsman came to the crease. Various sledges were thrown around and one in particular was "He's got more rolls than a bakery".

Offspinner said:
Once I was playing a match and fielding at first slip, when a "slightly" overweight batsman came to the crease. Various sledges were thrown around and one in particular was "He's got more rolls than a bakery".
"his like a donut, all edges" would of been better!

"This guy's got more dots than a pack of dominoes!"

We played against an overweight guy with red hair, so then we started the jokes that he looked like Fat ******* from Austin Powers. We had a guy in at short leg and the guy in gully says "You better watch out he might eat you," then in a Scottish accent says "Get in my belly!"

You gotta love all those lame remarks like the "He has more rolls than a bakery"

Some others I here
"I've seen better blocks on play school"
"I've seen better swings in a park"
"This guy is swinging like it's the 70s"
Make a creaking sound "He's swinging like a rusty gate"

Last week be and my mate opened the batting for our club.

The bowler wasn't bowling to good and his coach told him to 'pitch it up'. Next ball he bowls a slightly above waist-high full toss and my mate plays a pull shot Adam Gilchrist would have been proud of and makes land one or two bounces just before the rope. While me and my mate have a chat about the fantastic shot. The bowler walks past me and I say "I think you pitched that up just a bit to much". He had a bit of a laugh. :cool: :D :p

I'm in the U14C's Grade so it is taken pretty lightly. Except for me :p.

I don't think it counts as sledging but, I was pretty proud of it :cool:. You guys probably think it is a bit stupid though.

Right, in St.Helens we have a rivalry with Warrington and one of the generalisations we have for them is that they are all interbred so those who understand will know what I mean;

Batsman (after hitting me for four): I bet your mum could bowl better blondy.

Me: At least my mum isn't my sister.

I got him out yes. Just two overs later actually. I bowled a ball that probably would have been wide but he wanted to hit me for four again and edged behind to slip.

Funniest ive ever encountered is,

When i was playing last season, i did have a bit of wieght on me, and oh yes i was hearing some words from the opposition...

Anyways this bowler comes flying in, i totally lose the ball and i end up edging it above the WK and away for 4. Anyways, one of the slips says, "Jesus, this lad cant see for all the fat,"

Anyways, i got a bit annoyed, well ok i got very annoyed and i knew that the next ball was a 6 for sure. Anyways its a bouncer and its just coming to about shoulder hight, i catch it quite well, but it goes straight towards 3rd man, and the club house, i knew it would clear the man on the boundry but what i wasnt expecting is the ball being retrieved from inside the club house next to a man having a dinner time bevvy. :D Luckily it was taken with light heart and i didnt have to pay for the window.

As the bowler was walking away my partner turned to him and says "Jesus Simon, (Using the slips launguage) I know you cant see too well but that was window smashingly good."

Made me laugh!

evertonfan said:
Right, in St.Helens we have a rivalry with Warrington and one of the generalisations we have for them is that they are all interbred so those who understand will know what I mean;

Batsman (after hitting me for four): I bet your mum could bowl better blondy.

Me: At least my mum isn't my sister.

That one made me laugh, also getting close to pushing boundaries of what sledging should be. One good comment to make if you generalise them as inbreds if you're facing a spinner is to say "You'd think with those extra fingers you could get more turn on the ball"

Users who are viewing this thread