What's the difference between DBC17 and Ashes Cricket? (serious Q)

If you're mainly a career player I can't comment much as it's not a mode i play. There are additional club formats in this version though.

In other vs AI modes the game is head and shoulders above DBC17. There is hardly an area of that play - dismissal variety, AI approach, crowd atmosphere, animation, that is not improved significantly.

On DBC 14 & 17, I pretty much spent 90-95% of my time on career mode to be honest, then usually played a few competitions with some of the classic international teams as the game's cycle came to an end. I've heard some positive stuff about the new game though, so I might call it a day on DBC 17 instead of carrying on with my career as I was planning.

Any idea when the PC version will be on its way? I've kind of stayed out of the build up for this one compared with the last two games, so I'm a bit out of the loop at the moment.

Any idea when the PC version will be on its way? I've kind of stayed out of the build up for this one compared with the last two games, so I'm a bit out of the loop at the moment.
The last announcement from Ross pointed to a pre-christmas release. That's all we have at the moment.

Genuinely, miles ahead of gameplay, got bored of 17 very quick.

Will get better as well....

+1

Even I got bored of DBC 17 very quickly (I think it was about 2 weeks post which I just didn't feel like booting up the game).

Ashes however is just amazing!! It got me off FIFA, which, as people close to me will tell you, is huge!

Hi all,

I'm a bit late to the part on Ashes Cricket, which is partly because I'm a PC player so can't play it yet anyway, but also because I've put in almost 1000 hours into DBC 17 this year and I'm finding it pretty hard to motivate myself to buy another cricket game less than a year after the last one. What I've seen does look good though, so I'd also be interested if more people feel like replying to this thread, to encourage me that it's worth making the leap whenever the PC version ends up being released. For the record though, for all its frustrations, I enjoyed DBC 17 a lot, and I'm technically still going on my career, though I'm not sure now if it's worth carrying on. The new game does look like an improvement from the small amount I've seen though, so I can see myself getting it. I just don't know whether it's excitingly different enough to be worth getting straight away or whether to wait for the start of the English summer once I've let myself have a bit of a break to refresh my cricket playing batteries, haha!

Dude, if you put in almost 1000 hours with DBC17 that means you effectively paid something like 8 cents per hour. Not having a dig at you, but I've seen this sort of thing a lot on this forum and I don't get how someone can have an issue forking out money for a new game when they get that kind of mileage out of it. Surely it's a no-brainer?

Dude, if you put in almost 1000 hours with DBC17 that means you effectively paid something like 8 cents per hour. Not having a dig at you, but I've seen this sort of thing a lot on this forum and I don't get how someone can have an issue forking out money for a new game when they get that kind of mileage out of it. Surely it's a no-brainer?

It's only a no-brainer if you are actually going to get that much mileage again. There were a lot of people for who buying DBC17 was a 'no-brainer' after how much they liked DBC14 and they ended up going back to '14 after a few hours, I doubt they would say they got their money's worth. Game series take steps backwards all the time (I'm NOT saying this is the case with Ashes), there is no problem with doing some due-diligence as a consumer before opening your wallet.

Hey guys, I am still bit confused. I do not have DBC 17 but I am looking to buy the latest cricket game, that being Ashes for xbox one. I just want to know in simplest terms that, does Ashes have all the international teams or no? Secondly, can you still download the teams from community from DBC? Or in other words, since ashes is the newer game, can we add custom domestic teams from users which made them for DBC? lastly, are IPL PSL and Big Bash teams preloaded or you have to download them? thank you in advace.

Hey guys, I am still bit confused. I do not have DBC 17 but I am looking to buy the latest cricket game, that being Ashes for xbox one. I just want to know in simplest terms that, does Ashes have all the international teams or no? Secondly, can you still download the teams from community from DBC? Or in other words, since ashes is the newer game, can we add custom domestic teams from users which made them for DBC? lastly, are IPL PSL and Big Bash teams preloaded or you have to download them? thank you in advace.

Australia and England teams are licensed and are current OOB. For others it's a matter of barely a few mins to download the latest and greatest. See this thread and OP on how to do it...
https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...to-update-teams-new-teams-added-29-11.109309/

So in short the answer to your question would be 'Yes'.

I just managed to get £35 for DBC17 on Ebay?! Insane. Do people think that DBC17 is the latest iteration?

Australia and England teams are licensed and are current OOB. For others it's a matter of barely a few mins to download the latest and greatest. See this thread and OP on how to do it...
https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...to-update-teams-new-teams-added-29-11.109309/

So in short the answer to your question would be 'Yes'.

Follow up to your answer sir, Can you still download from DBC17 communities if youre on ashes or you can only download from ashes community? Reason I ask is because many users have made custom teams on DBC from top domestic teams so I was wondering if i still can have access to those.

Follow up to your answer sir, Can you still download from DBC17 communities if youre on ashes or you can only download from ashes community? Reason I ask is because many users have made custom teams on DBC from top domestic teams so I was wondering if i still can have access to those.

That you cannot since they are two different franchises with different licenses. I say give it some time and you will see most of the teams/players available in Ashes Cricket academy. You have talented folks like @Llewelynf and @Snowy creating players/teams so things will only get better. Plus you also have a few community members such as @blockerdave dedicated to creating retro kits & teams so possibilities are endless.

That you cannot since they are two different franchises with different licenses. I say give it some time and you will see most of the teams/players available in Ashes Cricket academy. You have talented folks like @Llewelynf and @Snowy creating players/teams so things will only get better. Plus you also have a few community members such as @blockerdave dedicated to creating retro kits & teams so possibilities are endless.

Thank you for assisting me and thank you to all the members who on their spare time created all the custom teams. It really is not easy to spend countless of hours creating teams, logos etc and especially if you have a family, kids, spouse, significant other, or even work. Thank you @Llewelynf @Snowy @blockerdave @cricket_online

Users who are viewing this thread