What's the difference between RFM and RMF?

It is a matter of opinion. There is no right or wrong answer, for example in Australia we only use RFM to describe what's between RF and RM. I suspect that at one stage, only one of them was used, and then the other was used instead in a different league/country, and that eventually it got twisted until they meant different things. In Australia, they still don't mean different things, there is only RM, RFM and RF.

In the ICC series however, RMF is definitely faster than RFM. It goes RM, RFM, RMF, RF (slowest to fastest).

Logically FM should be faster than MF, quite why you need both is a mystery since both are between F and M. I guess it's trying to put some kind of distinction between paces of bowlers who aren't outright fast but are much quicker than medium.

While I haven't had an anorak on and paid much notice of whether RFM or RMF is quicker, I find it puzzling that RMF would be quicker. Is this because someone has noted the pace at which the last ball was bowled or something? If so, would you be offended if I said "get a life" ? I'm not against analysis, might even compare skill ratings on PES, but trying to work out whether RFM or RMF is quicker takes the prize - and not of a good kind

Logically FM should be faster than MF, quite why you need both is a mystery since both are between F and M. I guess it's trying to put some kind of distinction between paces of bowlers who aren't outright fast but are much quicker than medium.

While I haven't had an anorak on and paid much notice of whether RFM or RMF is quicker, I find it puzzling that RMF would be quicker. Is this because someone has noted the pace at which the last ball was bowled or something? If so, would you be offended if I said "get a life" ? I'm not against analysis, might even compare skill ratings on PES, but trying to work out whether RFM or RMF is quicker takes the prize - and not of a good kind
It's fairly obvious when you:
a) See which kinds of players are RMF and RFM. Glenn McGrath was RFM in the game and Jason Gillespie and other fairly quick bowlers were RMF.
b) Watch the highlights and see that RMF are taking a longer run up, and yes even bowling faster.

You don't really need someone to tell you if you watch just some of the highlights.

Users who are viewing this thread