Your Cricket Where do you field

I field, nearly always, in the covers. Mainly because I'm quite agile, and have got a reasonably safe pair of hands. But probably because I've got a terribly weak arm and can't field in the outfield, and can't catch balls that are skied. Really though, the hardest catches are the ones where you're at deep midwicket, for example, and the ball is hurdling to you at 100 mph as the batsman's really connected. The easier catches are the ones in the covers, imo, where if you have quick reflexes you're sorted.

Adarsh said:
I field, nearly always, in the covers. Mainly because I'm quite agile, and have got a reasonably safe pair of hands. But probably because I've got a terribly weak arm and can't field in the outfield, and can't catch balls that are skied. Really though, the hardest catches are the ones where you're at deep midwicket, for example, and the ball is hurdling to you at 100 mph as the batsman's really connected. The easier catches are the ones in the covers, imo, where if you have quick reflexes you're sorted.

I'm almost the same as you; I generally field in the covers/close in because I have a weak arm. However I am an excellent catcher of the ball, especially on skied balls so have been known to field on the outfield in the final overs.

Usually fine leg or 3rd man when bowling. When not it tends to be square leg or mid on. In mid week games when its not that serious I usually field at cover or point bcos the adults can't be bothered!!!

My favorite position is the SLIP.
Ofcourse,if the keepr ain't upto io,ti sometimes keep.
Rest,if i'm leading my team,i prefer to be at mid-on.

When I'm bowling, I'm chillin' out at the deep fine leg fence. When I'm not, I usually field in the slips/gully region. If were playing spin-bowlers, I'm the one to go at silly point/ short leg, only because I'm having fun fielding (and chatting) there.

I'm not much of an outfielder, mainly because my eyes aren't that good. Minus 1.5 dioptre and I'm don't feel comfortable wearing glasses. So on a gloomy day, I just can't pick the ball up.

I find point the most fun place to field. Last time I spent that whole match at mid-on and very rarely saw the ball, I had one mind-freeze where I messed up a run-out attempt. That same batsman then proceeded to destroy me after I'd spent an over where 4 of my 6 balls were very close to taking a wicket. 23 off 2 overs :(

I am always napping away to various captains to put me in the covers, but they probably get annoyed at that and shove me down to fine leg. I seem to end up at square leg a lot too.

Once, when I was captain for the season, I just plonked myself at mid-off for the whole season.

As a captain,Mid-on/off is probably the best postion.Even the Slips is not bad a postion to lead from.But I always prefer Mid-on as a captain.It gives you a chance to talk to the bowler if reqd and boost him up.

Griffo said:
im yet to get hit in close .. actually i did once it hit me in the stomach but i cradled it and caught it STILL HURT LIKE A BIT... bugger

they also put me in their cause im the best sledger in my team expect i dont take it to serious and start sledging my team for fun

I got hit once. This girl was on strike was I was fielding at bat pad with my ultra reflexes :D. Then I saw the ball was a half tracker so I turned around and I copped it right at the top of my back. I had a bruise for a week. Mind you the same girl was the one bowling bloody beamers at my team-mates :mad:.

square leg to hide behind the umpire :p being mates with the captains good for that

Backward point...well early on in the innings anyway. Fielding is such a laugh lol...

Yeah, if I'm leading mid-on is where I field. Good view of the action so you know when to make bowling changes and you can speak to the bowler if you need to.

Been hit in the neck by someone reverse sweeping when I've stood up to the stumps keeping. That one hurt alot.

Anyway, Keeping ftw!

Today I fielded at Third Man, Deep Square Leg, Midwicket and Mid-on. Did okay except for at Mid-on where one misfield made sir mad and send me to Deep Square Leg/Deep Midwicket :(

First Slip at start, Cover or point later on....

Users who are viewing this thread