Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am planning to buy a new graphic card for my pc.
Specifictions of my CPU:
AMD Athlon (TM) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz

My CPU has an Graphic Card of Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. I dont know whether it can be upgraded or not. I dont even know whether it is built in or external card. If someone could tell me how to check it and which is the better card to upgrade then I would be very thankful.

Regards,
Jacks.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
i have a built in HD GFX card by intel, no idea about it better ask @EARAgAV or @ChaitS or even @SambarVadai the are way too much known to this.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes, you can upgrade your card but you can't upgrade your processor to anything new because your Motherboard only supports AM2+.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Inbuilt graphics dont support the games that are being released right now.
Get a graphich card.Preferably a 1gb ddr3 to keep you afloat.If you have a 10-12k budget,got for a DDR5 1GB or 2GB variants by EVGA or Gigabyte or even ATI..the DDR5 should run most games with a decent fps.Do check out the freqency.Higher the frequency,better the performance.Just high memory wont work.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
There's no point just asking what the best graphics card is - your starting point has to be what games do you want to be able to play. You're likely to find the minimum CPU requirements to be as much of a problem for anything you want to get, so to get the best value upgrade you need to focus on what you need to do to get to the requirements of what you want to do.

Download CPU-Z DOWNLOADING CPU-Z_1.72-EN.EXE | CPUID - and then run it and post the results. Particularly relevant is the 'Mainboard' tab - it will then let you look up what potential expansion options you have on your existing machine.

From what you said so far, my recommendation would be to get the absolute cheapest card possible (this will do PowerColor AMD/ATI Radeon HD5450 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card - PowerColor : Flipkart.com ) and then start saving for an upgrade of all the components of your machine, because anything more powerful than that will be total overkill in a computer like that.

Get a graphich card.Preferably a 1gb ddr3 to keep you afloat.If you have a 10-12k budget,got for a DDR5 1GB or 2GB variants by EVGA or Gigabyte or even ATI..the DDR5 should run most games with a decent fps.Do check out the freqency.Higher the frequency,better the performance.Just high memory wont work.
The type of memory and the frequency of the GPU are very bad reasons to purchase particular graphics cards. Higher numbers aren't always better.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
There's no point just asking what the best graphics card is - your starting point has to be what games do you want to be able to play. You're likely to find the minimum CPU requirements to be as much of a problem for anything you want to get, so to get the best value upgrade you need to focus on what you need to do to get to the requirements of what you want to do.

Download CPU-Z DOWNLOADING CPU-Z_1.72-EN.EXE | CPUID - and then run it and post the results. Particularly relevant is the 'Mainboard' tab - it will then let you look up what potential expansion options you have on your existing machine.

From what you said so far, my recommendation would be to get the absolute cheapest card possible (this will do PowerColor AMD/ATI Radeon HD5450 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card - PowerColor : Flipkart.com ) and then start saving for an upgrade of all the components of your machine, because anything more powerful than that will be total overkill in a computer like that.

The type of memory and the frequency of the GPU are very bad reasons to purchase particular graphics cards. Higher numbers aren't always better.
I am planning to buy DBC14 and some high quality games which are released during the year 2014-15. So ,thought of upgrading some CPU parts. Can you please suggest the other parts which has to be upgraded to prevent any future damage?
Report attached.

Attachments

• JACKS-PC.txt
    46.9 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread