which is the better option?

satishmania

International Coach
is it better to play full game or to play eng&county game.in full game when exactly do v get to captain eng?do v hav 2 wait for 2 long?

It depends on your performance with your county. I'd actuall recomend not bothering with County & England, as you'll rarely see action with your county.

I never win one day matches easily but I find the best way is to have 2 good attacking openers and set one of them to six lines and the other to five.If they play well you should be able to make a big score.If they don't it may be pretty difficult.

When bowling just try to bowl to the batsmans weakness and change the bowlers regularly to keep them fresh.
Hope that helps.

I prefer the full game. Half way through my first season with Essex now.

i m playin 4 yorkshire n in my 1st season i ve won 5 outta 6 FC matches,about 60% of one day games but i haven been asked to captain england yet.any idea when will that be guys?

Always at the end of the season mate :) After a good year in domestic competitions that is ;)

1 day matches are all about getting in as fast as possible and these are a few things ive found that help:

1) On a batsmans wicket with plenty of sun pick your most attacking batting bowlers so that if you lose too many wickets then you can still add a few runs at the end.

2) Set your line up like this:

1-Neither aggressive or defensive opening batsmen, eg Jefferson
2-Aggressive batsmen but not your best.

Start both on normal until 1 settled bar is filled then set #2 to aggressive until 3 bars are filled then go to the first v. aggressive. With luck/poor bowling he should make 30-100 but his main aim is to get runs while #1 gets himself in. When #1 is on 4 bars settled move him to aggressive until you get to a point where you need runs, then go to v aggressive.

3-Good batter, not neccessarily aggressive

Bring this guy in if your #1 is out cheap.

4-Excellent aggressive batter

Bring him in when #2 is out or if your opening pair have lasted 20 overs+ and #1 is out. Put him on normal until he hits his first four then i just go straight to v aggressive.

5, 6, 7, 8 All rounders/keepers/aggressive batters

If there are more than 20 overs left when these guys come in then take it slow, otherwise v aggressive almost immediately.

9,10,11 Bowlers

You better hope there are 5 overs or less when these guys are in, just slog.

3) Bowl on 2 bars practically all of the time, less if someone is going well, 3 bars if you need a tailenders wicket quick. If someone does get it vary your length and line, not just to that persons weakness

Yeah they can, on V.aggressive for last few overs of the innings in a OD you can add a lot of runs. They take every single available, and hit the occasional boundaries of the bad balls too. Helps if your batsman are in at the time, and you need a load of wickets in hand :)

Very true, i dont think they can survive on V.Agressive, only if your Glichrist and Harvey against Bangladesh's worst bowlers, even then you are likely to be boqwled or LBW.

Users who are viewing this thread