Which mobile phone do you use?

Cinci is a big city! I live in a tiny tiny town, with only 50,000 people population, and my (AT&T) friends get 3G here. On T-Mobile though I only get GPRS and sometimes Edge.

You should be fine.

I haven't got it yet. But the phone I'm getting is the Nokia 5800 Music Xpress. ?15 a month, the phone free with 100 minutes and unlimited texts. Bargain considering I hardly call people.

nokia5800xpressmusicy.jpg

If you do not call people then why buy a phone?

Or both.

Seriously, the only people I ring are my mom and dad, and that's only to say, 'pick me up from the train station'. And even if I do ring my friends, we're not going to talk for more than 5 minutes.

If texting is what you will do then trust me, touchscreen is not what you need.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The more texting you do the more you should drift away from touch screens!

Most of my bill is calls though. My bill plan is such that I have 500 min free every month, and only 30p calls to add on that! :p

It's not bad. I think Sai lives in a bigger city, you should get 3G there.

If you're looking at switching, try one of the Android models. The HTC Hero is an AWESOME phone on Sprint, really great features and a Google environment.

Live syncing of contacts, GTalk, Calendar, email, etc. I have a T-Mobile G1 (a similar phone) and i'm enjoying it.

I just checked out the specs and the videos of HTC Hero. Wow, sounds marvellous (more than enough for me)! I have some questions on it. If I buy the unlocked version online (its $542 dollars, huge!), will I be able to use it with AT&T (I dont want to change my carrier to Sprint because I have no good opinion about Sprint after seeing my dad struggle with it many years back)?

I just checked out the specs and the videos of HTC Hero. Wow, sounds marvellous (more than enough for me)! I have some questions on it. If I buy the unlocked version online (its $542 dollars, huge!), will I be able to use it with AT&T (I dont want to change my carrier to Sprint because I have no good opinion about Sprint after seeing my dad struggle with it many years back)?

Yeah, you should be able to. Just make sure you look up if ATT's 3G is supported on the Hero, i'm sure it is but just double check.

Just a small warning though, the apps in the android marketplace suck mostly and usually aren't comparable to the average iPhone one. There are some good ones, don't get me wrong, but I would've liked some more on my G1 preferably...
Cricketman added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Apple iPhone FTW.

Get the I am T-Pain app. Iz so Epic!

Users who are viewing this thread