Is there any role model in your life?

• Yes

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I want myself to be my role model!

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
B.B King. I cant think of any other musician still going strong, still singing the blues(and he still sings good, with lots of heart), and avoiding all the things other musicians usually delve in to. He's still going good at 80!!! i dont really have any sports roll models cos there mostly wussies and moaners these days, but i prefer cricketers to footballers they have more control and are more freindly, footballers just want to look good and earn money, so i guess thats why i think ronaldihnio(spell?) is a good player lol. :D

I can't decide between James(JJ3), Kev or Stevie..... :p

In all seriousness, mine would have to be Pele or Beckham (I idolised him when I was younger, though not so much now).

Steven Gerrard.

His leadership,attitude on the pitch,the way he can motivate others and the crowd as well,and the fact that he wants to improve more and more each time astounds me.

themuel1 said:
I can't decide between James(JJ3), Kev or Stevie..... :p

In all seriousness, mine would have to be Pele or Beckham (I idolised him when I was younger, though not so much now).

Well, seeing as the other two are lazy bums that should be a pretty easy decision Sam.. :rolleyes: ;)

I dont reallly have a specific role model, but more a group of people who have a big influence on me. Includes family, friends, sportsmen, etc.

Macky Ntini is my role model, he is so cool and enthusiastic and he never gives up. He was accused of rape in 97 and was reali poor growing up but he's hard working, modest and well mannered and that makes him who he is today. And if anyone thinks i'm saying so on racial grounds, i'm white, so deal with it. :happy :cool: :hpraise

God. God is divine. God gave us life. What we are is only because of god. Sometimes we overlook all the great things god has done for so many people around the world and so consistently. If I were to choose a human, it would be my father. If I were to choose a sportsman I would choose Rahul Dravid and Steven Gerrard. They both are so calm and composed. They never let pressure get to them and always rise to the occation when chips are down. And perhaps this is the reason as to why they are so successful in their respective fields.

I idolise:

First and Foremost my parents for their learning, honesty and ability to link things together to produe cogent arguments.
From the field of philosophy and science I idolse Mahatma Gandhi and Albert Einstein
Politics and statesmanship: Jawaharlal Nehru, Lee Kuan Yew, Ernesto Che Guevera
Art and Literature: Picasso and Mark Twain
Music and Entertainment: Kurt Cobain, Dwayne Johnson and Pandit Ravi Shankar
Technology and Invention: Jordan Mechner, John Romero, Will Wright, Richard Stallman and Homi Jehangir Bhabha.
Sport: Sachin Tendulkar, Pele, Maradona, Michael Schumacker and Ronaldo.

(I know thats quite a list!)

My role model - Mahatma Gandhi, steve Jobs and army!!!

Mahatma Gandhi for his extreme will power, and confidence in himself.

Steve jobs for never saying die in his life.( He was fired for his own company, survied somehow for 2-3 years and then came back.)

And army for their discipline.

I love discpline.Discipline in Life is the golden line in my life.
Do every thing, but in a discplined way.Discpline your mind, control your body.
The above people diff in so many aspects, but they all have one thing in common, tremendous control over their mind.

Oh! There is one more.She is Melissa!!! :happy
Well, She is the role model , which I consider the base level for my babes to have!!:D

Oh yeah I can't believe I left Steve Jobs off! I love him and his company for their spirit of innovation and design, its just incredible how many features they can pack in a product and yet keep it elegantly simple and brilliant (just look at the IPod).

If there's anyone it's Simon Jones. No matter how many times he gets knocked back, he keeps coming back. A prime example of never giving up.

Ritwik said:
Oh yeah I can't believe I left Steve Jobs off! I love him and his company for their spirit of innovation and design, its just incredible how many features they can pack in a product and yet keep it elegantly simple and brilliant (just look at the IPod).

Lol!
U have too many for my likin. :eek:

And yeah, although steve jobs dosen't directly related to innovation dept, but u can give him reps.

In fact the basic problem today is innovation.We have too many technologies going around, however not enough innovation to do justice to them.

I'd have to say Homer Simpson

Users who are viewing this thread