Who will miss the 2000-2009 decade?

Will you miss this 2000-2009 decade

• Yes

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No...i hated the 2000s. Good riddance.

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Since its closing in soon, who's actually going to miss this decade?

I won't miss it tbh, it was pretty crap compared to the 90's.

Last edited:

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
It's been good. Really been the main part of my life so far. Life doesn't get any better than your childhood (or so I've heard).

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
It's been good. Really been the main part of my life so far. Life doesn't get any better than your childhood (or so I've heard).

This. I'm about to turn 20 soon so this decade has pretty much seen me grow up from a ten year old kid going all the way through to the last year of my teenage years. Always be remembered as my main school years also, great times.

jordox

International Cricketer
I don't see how a decade could be either good or bad. 10 years passed and a lot of stuff went down. Good stuff and bad stuff, will I miss it? Yeah, some bits I will, some bits I wont. It'll be the same story as every other decade in my life. It has good moments and bad moments. It's 10 years... long time.

Last edited:

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I'll miss it, but mostly the first 5-6y years. Primary school and watching all those wicked cartoons as a kid was awesome. Something that I'll never get back. :(

King Cricket

International Coach
I barely remember what happened in the first couple of years of this decade, as I was just a six year old kid back then. :p Yeah, I'll miss it. This decade marked the best part of my life; there are so many memories entwined with it!

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I can find only negatives tbh. 9/11, the farcial war in Iraq, economic collapse, the George W. Bush presidency, 26/11, the assassination of Bhutto, and the rise of nuclear threats around the world, the pressures of high school...

Although...
The election of the first African American to the presidency, the rise of Indian cricket as a dominating, world force, India's miraculous run in the 03 WC, the bulk of my childhood/growing up, attaining American citizenship, attaining OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)...

It's been alright. I guess i'll miss it.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I think it was alright for me, nothing special. But I'm looking forward to 2010 onwards. That's when Uni life will kick in and I can start doing my own stuff. I can be an independent person.

jordox

International Cricketer
I can find only negatives tbh. 9/11, the farcial war in Iraq, economic collapse, the George W. Bush presidency, 26/11, the assassination of Bhutto, and the rise of nuclear threats around the world, the pressures of high school...

Well if you go through the 10 years and highlight 9 bad things that happen, of course it's going to look bad. Too often people look back in their life and think about the bad things. They say this is when 9/11 happened, this is when the US invaded Iraq, this is when my friend died, this is when my girlfriend broke up with me, this is when my dog died, ect, ect. But doing that is simply ignoring all the good times - the times where you were happy and enjoying life regardless of what world events have gone on.

It's also worth noting that in most decades you could go through and do that. All decades in recorded human history has have atrocities committed. Yes, some decades are worse than others - but I don't think the 2000's were completely horrible in the scale of world events if you compare it the other decades that have past.

Although...
The election of the first African American to the presidency, the rise of Indian cricket as a dominating, world force, India's miraculous run in the 03 WC, the bulk of my childhood/growing up, attaining American citizenship, attaining OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)...

Well there you go! That's an awful lot better than what you go before :)

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Thing is, you're only a child for 18 years and then you're an adult, until you die :|

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I'll miss the primary school days. I know this high school ████ is meant to be one of the best times of my life, and I will probably look back on it like that, but atm I just can't get that into my head. Hating high school soooo bad.

But the first 6 years of this decade were awesome for the primary school and innocence, and the last few years have been awesome for the concerts and bands Ive been lucky enough to go to/meet.

Harishan

Club Cricketer
I'll definitely miss it, so many good memories through my time as a kid to my time as a young teenager. Then again there is a lot to look forward to in the next decade; only three more years of school left; Graduate in 2012; Going onto Uni life.

Users who are viewing this thread