Why Did We Buy Cricket 2004?

Why Did We Buy Cricket 2004?

• Total voters

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
With so many bugs, bad gameplay and poor graphics, why did we buy and keep playing Cricket 2004? It's now a year after the release and we're still playing it. Here is why I think we all bought it:

EA Sports always make good games, so this must be good.

I'm a cricket fan and there's no cricket games on the market at the moment.

I missed my last appointment at the mental hospital.

Vote in the poll and give your feedback!

Trescothick

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I bought it because at the time, I didn't know it was so bug ridden.

There is a distinct lack of competition in the cricket genre though.

I'm just grateful to people here that put in the slog to make it a playable game.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
We bought it because we were promised a lot of features by EA which weren't then in the game. Equally because we expected some pre-release testing to have taken place.

neilthomas89

Club Cricketer
2004 was the first game of cricket i had played bar Brian Lara, and i think it is a great game, alright the graphics are a bit iffy, the commentary is repetitive and when it rains you can't prevent it
Cricket 2004 is a great cricket game

themuel1

International Coach
I'm not sure about GREAT cricket game but it's very good when using the patches with it due to the dedicated patch makers at planet cricket. :clap :cheers
I bought cricket 2004 becuase of some early reviews i read

Last edited:

greencarrot2

School Cricketer
Cricket 2004, when patched, is a very good game. Why else would we have a forum with over 6000 members dedicated to it?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
neilthomas89 said:
2004 was the first game of cricket i had played bar Brian Lara, and i think it is a great game, alright the graphics are a bit iffy, the commentary is repetitive and when it rains you can't prevent it
Cricket 2004 is a great cricket game

It's great apart from IFFY GRAPHICS, REPETITIVE COMMENTARY and RAIN BUG!

Err...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Skateboarder2 said:
It's great apart from IFFY GRAPHICS, REPETITIVE COMMENTARY and RAIN BUG!

Err...

The rendering is the problem rather then the graphics per se. For example when a player goes to catch the ball, it goes nowhere near their hands (and often bounces) before suddenly zooming in at completely the wrong angle (hard to explain but you all know what I mean; just watch any catch on Slo-mo).
Repetitive commentary equally I can live with; when I play C2k4 I'm more than happy to have music or real cricket commentary on in the background. Rain bug isn't a problem as long as you can resist the urge to press keys when the players start to go off. It happened to me the first time but I've been able to avoid it since.

Trescothick

Club Cricketer
barmyarmy said:
Rain bug isn't a problem as long as you can resist the urge to press keys when the players start to go off. It happened to me the first time but I've been able to avoid it since.

If you don't touch any keys, the game doesn't crash?

Users who are viewing this thread