Why is it so difficult to take wickets in career mode?

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've started as a batting allrounder and I've upped my bowling skills where I can. However I've only taken like 3 wickets after so many matches. This is about as realistic as Donald Trump's election fraud claims. I've tried everything - outswingers, inswingers, setting up (3 x outswingers then 1 inswinger, etc) and nothing. I've tried slowing/speeding up, changing my length etc even to tail end batsmen and yet I'm getting hit around the park.
What am I missing?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Maybe its because you're a "Batting All-Rounder" and not a pure bowler.

Also, what helps is bowl to your style, ie: precise, brute, conservative. For example, precise works best bowling on and outside off consistently and being patient. Brute works best when bowling effort balls, yorkers, short balls. Maybe also, just lowering the difficulty a bit until you get the hang of things - ain't no shame in that.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I've started as a batting allrounder and I've upped my bowling skills where I can. However I've only taken like 3 wickets after so many matches. This is about as realistic as Donald Trump's election fraud claims. I've tried everything - outswingers, inswingers, setting up (3 x outswingers then 1 inswinger, etc) and nothing. I've tried slowing/speeding up, changing my length etc even to tail end batsmen and yet I'm getting hit around the park.
What am I missing?
What difficulty youplaying? Im playing as batting alll-rounds off spinner and am taking wickets, granted I cannot remember how it started but im taking wickets at international level now..... difficulty HARD and AI Veteran

The_Pharoah

International Coach
AI Veteran. I'm playing as a batting all rounder bowling fast/med. Its quite easy to take wickets with spinners I've found (almost too easy) - seems the AI can't handle leg spin especially. But fast/med...I can't improve my skills because I'm getting zero wickets. Frustrating. Eventually I'll just delete this career and stick to batting. This is BS.

I've gotten multiple nicks but the ball always falls short (only way i can get them).

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
As a fast medium bowler nicks falling short even if the WK and slips are up absolutely happens ALL THE TIME. I guess it would need slider tinkering to rectify this.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I don’t play career mode but in my tests seamers are nowhere near as effective as spinners. Collectively seamers average around 40 and my spinners under 20. Very few exceptions to this.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
OMG...now I know BA is screwing with me. I got a batsman to nick to my WK who caught it and ran up celebrating then....nothing. No wicket. Like it never happened. i captured it on my phone, will upload it when I can. Thats just BS.

2 balls later the batsman nicks to 2nd slip who catches it (diving). No wicket.

BA what kind of game is this? I captured it on video as well.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
OMG...now I know BA is screwing with me. I got a batsman to nick to my WK who caught it and ran up celebrating then....nothing. No wicket. Like it never happened. i captured it on my phone, will upload it when I can. Thats just BS.

sounds like you’re using one of my umpires.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I always appeal manually just in case crap like that happens.

Ravina

School Cricketer
It's harder to get them in career mode starting out as a newbie. You have very low skills so you're not going to bowl wonder-balls very often. Set up batsmen with a string of stock or similar balls then throw in a change of pace, spin, swing or length. Often gets a mis-time or play and miss.

Users who are viewing this thread