Your Cricket General Bowling Thread

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I do alright, I just lose a lot of turn and find it hard to bowl a top-spinner

Thanks btw.

The only delivery I seem to be able to bowl when I bowl leg spin is the top spinner. To bowl a top spinner, you must roll your fingers (viciously) down the front of the ball which will put a considerable amount of over spin and top spin on the ball making it kick and bounce. You need to have a good chest drive (literally, drive forward with your chest) and higher front arm to make sure it goes as full as possible because since you are dragging down on the ball, it will naturally go short.

The variation to this delivery is the leg spinning bouncer which you may have seen from Shane Warne against Kevin Pietersen in the 2006/7 Ashes or Kumble to Sidebottom just two days ago. This is the conventional top spinner but with the drive being from the hip and back leg and the front arm pulling down to put all the weight into the pitch. This is, in my opinion, an underused delivery because batsman are often not in the correct position to duck or hook a leg spinner.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Well some kid was arguing with me about my spin-bowling run up.
I barley bowl spin but I enjoy it as its something different and I like to fox em with my Wrist and Off variations and deceive them with flight and changes of pace.
I bowl right arm over, but start my run up from around the wicket and go diagonal. The opposite for around the wicket; start over and then bowl around.
Is that allowed? I see alot of people do it for around the wicket but for over? This way it helps me "hide" behind the ump and release my off spin or leg spin at the very last moment.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well some kid was arguing with me about my spin-bowling run up.
I barley bowl spin but I enjoy it as its something different and I like to fox em with my Wrist and Off variations and deceive them with flight and changes of pace.
I bowl right arm over, but start my run up from around the wicket and go diagonal. The opposite for around the wicket; start over and then bowl around.
Is that allowed? I see alot of people do it for around the wicket but for over? This way it helps me "hide" behind the ump and release my off spin or leg spin at the very last moment.

As long as you inform the umpire that you're going over the wicket, it's completely legal... I used to bowl like that sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread