Best Fast Bowling Pair in the World at the moment?

I'm saying Steyn - Nitini. Both are very fast, one is skiddy and swings it, once gets huge bounce and seams it. One bowls wicket-to-wicket, angling it slightly away from righties, the other angles it in. Must be very awkward to face. They are also an experienced duo.

Sharma - Zaheer are great on current form, but they both lack the pace of Steyn/Ntini. They do have better control of reverse swing, and both bowl good slower balls, while Sharma is the tall, seaming, bouncy one and Zaheer is the straight, skiddy swinger. Also left hand/right hand combo, and more experience on flat decks.

I'd still rather face them than Steyn/Ntini. Those to win it due to their extra pace.

ZoraxDoom added 3 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

I was thinking Sharma-Khan and Steyn-Ntini. They are the 2 most lethal going around atm. I'm surprised Lee-Johnson never really worked.
I think Lee/Johnson would be fabulous if they both are in form. Lee is fast, full, swings it both ways, can bowl a bouncer. Johnson is fast, good length, angling it with awkward bounce. Both attacking. Both capable of bowling unplayable deliveries. They both would have had the edge in their strength and fitness, as at their peak they can maintain high speeds for long. Quicker than Zaheer/Ishant, but I don't know how Steny/Ntini would do in long spells. The only way they might lose out is that they are somewhat over-aggressive. Out of the three pairs, I'd imagine this pair would have the best chance of causing a batting lineup to collapse, while they would have the worst chance of keeping runs down. Still would have been an excellent pair..

Users who are viewing this thread