Why Warne missed out on Test captaincy!

I don't know why Steve Waugh was rated so high as captain. I remember the series in India in 2001 when he chose to enforce the follow-on and I sensed that he would live to regret it. I thought it was blantly obvious that VVS Laxman was going to tear us apart and I was only 10 years old.

I also really hate how cricketers or any other professional sportsman get judged from what happens in their personal life aswell.

I would've loved to see Warne as captain.

I don't know why Steve Waugh was rated so high as captain. I remember the series in India in 2001 when he chose to enforce the follow-on and I sensed that he would live to regret it. I thought it was blantly obvious that VVS Laxman was going to tear us apart and I was only 10 years old.

I also really hate how cricketers or any other professional sportsman get judged from what happens in their personal life aswell.

I would've loved to see Warne as captain.
Overall Waugh was a good captain though, as they say he was the iceman under pressure, and his results and performance as skipper were both very good as well.

Overall Waugh was a good captain though, as they say he was the iceman under pressure, and his results and performance as skipper were both very good as well.
And dont forget it was Steve Waugh who made this team unbeatable at that time.He won 16 consecutive tests.Lost the Kolkata test.But any captain would also have enforce the follow on at that time.

And dont forget it was Steve Waugh who made this team unbeatable at that time.He won 16 consecutive tests.Lost the Kolkata test.But any captain would also have enforce the follow on at that time.

No, the Australian Cricket team won 16 Tests straight.

Would've loved to seen it. Richie Benaud always said he'd be a brilliant and entertaining captain.

We can't really tell who would make it as a captain though.. We don't know the people therefore we can't really comment.

Users who are viewing this thread