Will Ganguly come back to the heights he achieved before?

satishmania said:
mark richardson started as a left arm spinner, nathan astle as a new ball bowler, murali kartik as a middle order batsman..

I didn't know MK started as a Middle order batsmen! :eek: u learn sumthin' every day!

Today Ganguly was bowled for a duck by Zaheer Khan in the Duleep Trophy final! But he took 3/20 off ten unchanged overs. He's certainly doing everything to get back. he should probably have bowled more according to me. i remember he always used to pick up wickets in the Sahara Cup matches against Pakistan..

India don't need Ganguly, they beat SL 6-1 without him. Their batting lineup was just fine, and their fielding from the sounds of things was good too. Captaincy was fine so no need for Ganguly.

Captaincy was excellent from Dravid throughout.
Lets not forget that it was Dravid who gave India their first win on Pakistan soil in the Samsung Cup.

Ganguly's chances are bleak now that he scored a duck in both innings of a county game in India.

I agree India dont need Ganguly, and India should just keep the winning formula, also with Ganguly out of the way its makes way for another youngster.

Indiangod said:
I agree India dont need Ganguly, and India should just keep the winning formula, also with Ganguly out of the way its makes way for another youngster.

YOUNGSTERS YOUNGSTERS YOUNGSTERS!
will the whole nation give it a rest? Lookit the Aussies.. i mean i know they're great but they're not filling their team with every YOUNGSTER they can find...

PS JP Yadav is 31... he's not young... so u throw him out?

furyfoxx said:
YOUNGSTERS YOUNGSTERS YOUNGSTERS!
will the whole nation give it a rest? Lookit the Aussies.. i mean i know they're great but they're not filling their team with every YOUNGSTER they can find...

Whats wrong in rooting for a youngster? A youngster is much better than an experienced player in many aspects - a youngster is much faster, a youngster thinks much deeper and also much faster, a youngster isnt afraid to face tougher challenges, etc

FYI, even the Aussies are sometimes criticised for not having that good youngsters! They lost to England. They are just looking to be back on track now becoz of easy wins over the World XI and the West Indies! I would say a World XI is no big team because the team unity and acclimatisation is not there at all because the players are not used to each other in the same team... West Indies - we all know where they lie in the rankings!

Last edited:
No because he is scoring over 10 runs per innings, can bowl and is a decent fielder. All that Ganguly isn't now :mad:

I personally have no problem with youngters... especially after the thrashing Sri Lanka got mainly thanks to youngsters. I just feel we are getting in over our heads supporting the youngsters so militantly. The nation is already predicting a white-wash over SA. Its such attitudes that make us over-react about defeats and poor performances.

Over doing the youngster handle will eventually push us into our own graves... look what happened to WI and Zim when they had to play second line teams due to their respective problems... WI got the champions trophy but then plummeted...

The current Indian team is like the team when Ganguly took over as captain... the problems will come later when the expectations rise and a couple of players fall out off form. That will be the litmus test.

Fans like me of the Prince of Kolkata will always feel that he should have atleast been allowed to leave the game with some respect... not with the entire country declaring India's comprehensive victory over Sri Lanka as a body recovering from the tumor called Sourav Ganguly. Maybe there's some slippery thin chance that he might be back and will get a chance to clear his name... but I wouldn't bet a penny on that.

Till then cheers to a good contest between India and the Proteas.

I wish he retires gracefully. he will be in the test team. If he hits a few 50s, then decide to retire, that will be a great wasy to see off the legend.

The difference with Aus blooding in 30 yo guys is that they have been performing day in day out, year in year out for 8 years. They have been waiting for this chance for ages. So clearly they aren't going to stuff 8 years up by playing badly. They will be playing for their lives and this should lead to very good performances as we will see from Hussey and Hodge.

India must groom youngsters, Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly, Tendulkar and Kumble isn't going to here for that long in the international arena now.

Users who are viewing this thread