Will Ganguly come back to the heights he achieved before?

Well said Sai!

Its a tough question and neither you nor i can answer that. There are two things to consider
a) form
b) nasty politics behind the scenes

Ganguly hasn't been in good form, but it has happened to many players before. Why that, sachin didnt' score a century and his average was 17 in 2003. Class is permanent....the selectors were right. You can't keep waiting until ganguly clicks, its time to bring in youngsters. But at some point you think that ganguly should be given a chance after a break, after all, a man who scored nearly 15000 runs in International cricket can't be that bad.

What we need to do is give him confidence. When you have some people booing him, the coach not in favour of him, the confidence is low.

For all those people who think Ganguly is not going to do well anymore, let me ask you one thing. Have you ever played cricket for a long time like Ganguly did? Are you as skilled and experienced as him? If your answer is NO, then you better keep quiet.
When Chappel or other selectors make a comment, they have the right to. Thats because they experienced it before, the ups and downs in a cricketing career.

2) Not many of you are aware of the politics in BCCI. Its as worse as the national politics itself. When someone is facing such a pressure from other people, its natural that it affects your game. If Pawar comes into play, then its almost good bye Ganguly. Such politics takes away the spirit in the game and you will never know if there are anyone else behind this.

Ganguly should be brought back into the team, keep faith and encourage him, and the results will turn as you want. Test cricket is a different game, skill alone is not the requirement.

Adarsh said:
Don't be so pessimistic.

What was so pessimistic with my post? Do you think Ganguly is going to be like Flintoff and take 5 wickets and score 100 in a match? :rolleyes:

Not quite, but I still think he is a more than capable batsman and will perform well, if u give him time. Much like Lara between 2002-2004, until that series in Sri Lanka. I am sure he can adapt at No.5 or No.4, and perform a bowling job as good as JP Yadav. The order would look good. Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir,Dravid,Kaif,Yuvraj, Dhoni, Pathan, H.Singh, Agarkar and RP Singh. Ganguly, Sehwag, Tendulkar and Yuvraj can do the 5th bowler's job.

cricket_lover said:
Well said Sai!

Its a tough question and neither you nor i can answer that. There are two things to consider
a) form
b) nasty politics behind the scenes

Ganguly hasn't been in good form, but it has happened to many players before. Why that, sachin didnt' score a century and his average was 17 in 2003. Class is permanent....the selectors were right. You can't keep waiting until ganguly clicks, its time to bring in youngsters. But at some point you think that ganguly should be given a chance after a break, after all, a man who scored nearly 15000 runs in International cricket can't be that bad.

What we need to do is give him confidence. When you have some people booing him, the coach not in favour of him, the confidence is low.

For all those people who think Ganguly is not going to do well anymore, let me ask you one thing. Have you ever played cricket for a long time like Ganguly did? Are you as skilled and experienced as him? If your answer is NO, then you better keep quiet.
When Chappel or other selectors make a comment, they have the right to. Thats because they experienced it before, the ups and downs in a cricketing career.

2) Not many of you are aware of the politics in BCCI. Its as worse as the national politics itself. When someone is facing such a pressure from other people, its natural that it affects your game. If Pawar comes into play, then its almost good bye Ganguly. Such politics takes away the spirit in the game and you will never know if there are anyone else behind this.

Ganguly should be brought back into the team, keep faith and encourage him, and the results will turn as you want. Test cricket is a different game, skill alone is not the requirement.

Cant do anything else but agree with this post!

Adarsh said:
Not quite, but I still think he is a more than capable batsman and will perform well, if u give him time. Much like Lara between 2002-2004, until that series in Sri Lanka. I am sure he can adapt at No.5 or No.4, and perform a bowling job as good as JP Yadav. The order would look good. Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir,Dravid,Kaif,Yuvraj, Dhoni, Pathan, H.Singh, Agarkar and RP Singh. Ganguly, Sehwag, Tendulkar and Yuvraj can do the 5th bowler's job.

I do agree, Ganguly is good and if given another chance I'm sure he will do well. Question is will the Indian selectors go for him or a young guy.

aussie1st said:
I do agree, Ganguly is good and if given another chance I'm sure he will do well. Question is will the Indian selectors go for him or a young guy.

The selectors should soon take a decision on Ganguly's career. Either they select him and make sure that he stays or they call him for a meeting and say that they prefer a youngster over him and that his career is done with and pat him on the back for his achievements and felicitate him if need be!

I'm not even going to try and figure out what he means there.

I guess Ganguly deserves one last chance to end his career on his own terms. A bit like Steve Waugh and how he was given a certain time to perform.

sinkwood said:
ganguly noway english coach don't like him

What has a english coach has anything to do with Gangulys career?
It wont certaincly affect Ganguly.

Last edited:
They've sacked him from the post of Test captain as well now. Thats quite understandable but not the reason that Kiran More gives - "Looking at the overall performance of Sourav, we are not happy"

:mad Who's got a better record than him as test captain? Whatever reason they want him outta the team, atleast they should be honest about it, not just say he has a bad record as captain :what

i completely agree with you. More has given a really stupid reason. Ganguly has been a very successful captain. his records speak for themselves dont they? More and co. should have been more honest indeed.

It feels paranoid to say that there's some deep politics afoot thats keeping Ganguly out of the team, but can't shake the feeling that there's more to this than meets the eye.

Users who are viewing this thread