WIN! Your chance to get a copy of DBC14 on Steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
With thanks to Big Ant Studios for supplying copies of the game, I can announce that PlanetCricket has five copies of Don Bradman Cricket 14 on Steam to give away.

First download the Cricket Academy via the Steam page for the game, and get acquainted with the modding functionality or the player editor.

There are three categories to the contest -

1 - Bats!
Design a PlanetCricket bat. Take on the canvas as you see fit and make a unique design showing off the PlanetCricket logo. I'll supply some source images that you can use in a later post.

2 - Kits
Design a kit with a 'star' theme. This needn't be country specific - though can be if you wish. You're not recreating an existing kit - so use your creativity, but with a star or stars at the centre of the design.

3 - Player Creation
Make a player in the Cricket Academy that has appeared on the cover of a previous cricket game - using that cover as a source image for their appearance.

Rules:
There will be one winner for each category, as well as two random draws out of all those who enter. To be eligible you need to be a member of the PlanetCricket Forums at the time of this post.

For bats and kits, the dds files must be supplied. For all entries, a screenshot of it in the academy must be included.

For player creation - do not share the player and do not use another's creation as a base. Keep a copy of your Cricket Academy profile with that player saved, we might ask for this to be submitted for verification.

You may enter once in each category - though cannot win more than once, or have more than one entry per category. Each member's first entry will be final, so don't submit until you are certain.

Do not post your entries, entries must be PMed to the user Competitions by midnight UTC on 14th June (see here for timezone conversions) - include the category of your submission in the title.

A public vote following a staff selection of the top 10 entries per category will determine the category winners.

Revealing an entry is yours or asking for votes will result in disqualification.

---

Any questions post below, and good luck to all those who enter.

I remember the good old days, before this thread was stickied and it was just me and @MattW.

Good luck to anyone figuring out how to use the jersey templates effectively

I tried to open steam and click the download demo button but it only keeps refreshing the page. No download starts. Am I doing something wrong?

You need to update your steam, download will begin after that. Happened to me.

3 - Player Creation
Make a player in the Cricket Academy that has appeared on the cover of a previous cricket game - using that cover as a source image for their appearance.

I didn't get this one. Can someone explain this please?

i also want to enter in this contest

DBC Academy

Hi Matt,

Can you please explain why I can not download the DBC 14 Demo (AKA DBC Academy). Ross says that you have to download the latest version of steam. I tried but there is no latest version available. Is there something wrong or is the demo releasing on the date specified on the steam page?

Can you please explain why I can not download the DBC 14 Demo (AKA DBC Academy). Ross says that you have to download the latest version of steam. I tried but there is no latest version available. Is there something wrong or is the demo releasing on the date specified on the steam page?
Not sure, I haven't had any issues getting it. Have you tried visiting the store page for DBC inside Steam and clicking it from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread