M. G. Johnson (Australia)
D. W. Steyn (South Africa)
Zaheer Khan (India)

So....have they got it right ?

Last edited:

harrisb

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
i think that if stuart broad has another good season, he could be in there next year

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Pietersen and Ponting shouldn't be there but other than that one can't really argue.

Sureshot

Executive member
Agreed Ponting is no more at his best

Agreed But Smith and sehwag are Better openers

They've both been in excellent form. No one in from Sri Lanka, interesting especially given their strong batting attack.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
hmm.......Not too sure about Ponting being in there......

Woah!!

That was exactly my first impression, Ponting is overrated by the critics. big words small mouth? eh!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Can't really argue with the bowling attack, pretty much picks itself except the spinner, although Harbhajan has probably been the stand out spinner, although Mendis and actually Graeme Swann have performed superbly. It's the batting line-up I have problems with. As much as I like KP, he wouldn't get in my World XI at the minute. Strauss deserves to be in the side far more than Pietersen. Don't agree with Ponting in their either, should probably be Sarwan. I'd go for:

Smith
Sehwag
Strauss
Tendulkar
Sarwan
Chanderpaul
Dhoni + *
Johnson
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Steyn

Not sure about Strauss at 3, but he's averaged 56 in the last 12 months when opening, so I'm sure he'd do as well at 3. Sarwan therefore comes in at 5 below Tendulkar, with Chanderpaul at 6. Graeme Swann could be a good shout for the spinning position come the 2009 team as well. Mendis hasn't had a great start, albeit on awfully flat tracks in Pakistan. Swann's impressed in both his Test series in foreign conditions to him, and I think in England he'll prosper. Has certainly looked very impressive with his turn and drift.

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Not sure about Dhoni in the Test XI. Other than that, Harbhajan isn't good too. Maybe Swann should be in his place. And somehow fit in Chanderpaul.

Users who are viewing this thread