Wisden 2009

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Sehwag had an absolute gun season in 2008, hence the selection.

Jakester, no Khan in your lineup? He's the best swing bowler in the world!

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

Well fair enough if he's in a Great form these days.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer

He took 27 wickets @ 36.85 FFS. There were much better bowlers throughout the year. After all, I thought this was based mainly on statistics.

The side is not very good at all when you look at who was picked in the bowling department, IMO Murali would have been a much better pick rather than Harbahajan.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
He took 27 wickets @ 36.85 FFS. There were much better bowlers throughout the year. After all, I thought this was based mainly on statistics.

The side is not very good at all when you look at who was picked in the bowling department, IMO Murali would have been a much better pick rather than Harbahajan.

Stats don't say everything, Jake. You can only read into them so much. They are not always a true representation and Zaheer Khan, and anyone he's played against/cricket pundits, will tell you that he is living proof of that.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors

the article also said that the opposition the bowlers and batsman faced would be taken into consideration. Murali and Vettori played Bangladesh last year while Harbhajan took on Australia(5 tests), England, South Africa and Sri Lanka (all 3 tests) and England (2 tests).

I am really tempted to put Shakib Al Hasan as my main spinner.

Users who are viewing this thread