Wishes for Cricket 2006

vladiator

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Firstly, I have to say that I really enjoy the game. I still sometimes have troubles with batting, but this makes the game more interesting and realistic.

Some things I would wish to see in C2006:

1) saving option during a match, at least during a test match

2) a domestic competition that could span through a number of seasons with ability to trade and, if possible, train players. I.e. a franchise mode, similar to other EA Sport's games (e.g. NHL or NFL) would be welcome.

What would be your wishes?

Here are some things I would like to see:

- Career mode. All fifa lovers know exactly what I mean. This feature is really what has gotten me completely hooked to fifa. The only thing that gets me hooked to c2k5 right now is the ppl who make new kits in this forum.

- All Domestic competitions availiable Some NZ fans cant play the NZ domestic competition because they bought the game outside NZ.

- Asian Domestic competitions. They could use the real formats like for example Ranji Trophy, Irani Trophy etc. Maybe more ppl would show interest in domestic cricket in asia.

- Roster Updates This should be something that they include in the future.

- Stadiums. None of the asian countries had more than one stadium represented which is sad since there are more cricket fans in south asia than around the world.

- Different ToursThey should use real formats. There is nothing such as a one day circuit. I wish they would just have a tri series option. And all tours should just be made by individual country rather than region. According to this game india will never tour Pak, SL or Ban. They will just play series and have no practice matches or any set schedule. That now is total BS!!

- Real format for competition The Natwest series had only 4 matches. We all know that teamms play each other 3 times in Natwest series and also in tri series in general.

-Commentary Im sick of Richie Benaud and Jim Maxwell. Cant they get some real commentators like Tony Greig, Ravi Shastri, Micheal Holding, or even Sidhu?! At least you can have a laugh while ur playing. And maybe they could have commentators by region. For example, if India tours Aus, they can have an india and an aussie do commentary. I mean you cant compare the commentary of cricket to any other sport because there are just way too many commentators.

-Twenty20 Internationals In the next 2 years I bet that every test nation would have played at least 1 twenty20 match. And Pak has started domestic 2020 so why not?

-ICC Trophy FOr the first time I actually sat down and spnt time to look at the ICC Trophy scores. Reason I looked at scores and stats is because cricket is spreading a lot. And after this world cup I bet that we can all see a major improvement in the associate teams' quality of cricket. Maybe they could integrate the ICC Trophy into the world cup section of the Game Modes.

- ICC Approval This would be something that would really help this game. If the ICC would take part in the game just like all other EA Sports Games have authorization, then there might actually be some real faces or team logos.

-Controls They should allow us to change the controls to our liking. And maybe they could make a button which allows a power stroke that doesnt always go in the air. Maybe sum strong ground stroke button because all shots I hit along with shift key always went over the top.

I had wanted to know for long time is it so difficult ro get lisence from all the test playing nations?
are they going to charge billions for each team?

I have enjoyed playing the ODI world tour because I can't be bothered to play Tests... :p

It would cost ?????? to get each test playing country into the game. So why not buy up the licences that nobody wants, like the ICC Trophy or the Ireland team?

SkateBoarder2 said:
It would cost ?????? to get each test playing country into the game. So why not buy up the licences that nobody wants, like the ICC Trophy or the Ireland team?

you answered your own question there. because nobody wants them

how about a timing meter for the batsmen so you know if you are early or late, this would be in game.

I don't want EA to make cricket 2006, because they will make very few changes and remove some bugs. I am not too happy wil their cricket games. They should take some time and difenitely change commentary and enalbe online play.

jeromedascorp - [B said:
All Domestic competitions availiable[/B] Some NZ fans cant play the NZ domestic competition because they bought the game outside NZ.

- Asian Domestic competitions. They could use the real formats like for example Ranji Trophy, Irani Trophy etc. Maybe more ppl would show interest in domestic cricket in asia.

- Stadiums. None of the asian countries had more than one stadium represented which is sad since there are more cricket fans in south asia than around the world.

- Different ToursThey should use real formats. There is nothing such as a one day circuit. I wish they would just have a tri series option. And all tours should just be made by individual country rather than region. According to this game india will never tour Pak, SL or Ban. They will just play series and have no practice matches or any set schedule. That now is total BS!!

-Commentary Im sick of Richie Benaud and Jim Maxwell. Cant they get some real commentators like Tony Greig, Ravi Shastri, Micheal Holding, or even Sidhu?! At least you can have a laugh while ur playing. And maybe they could have commentators by region. For example, if India tours Aus, they can have an india and an aussie do commentary. I mean you cant compare the commentary of cricket to any other sport because there are just way too many commentators.

1.Whichever country they sell the game must have the domestic competiton of that country...not bangladesh and kenya though.

2. A Stadium Editor where we can actually make our own stadiums.

3.Better commentry now that they have signed up with Indian Sports channel ESPN STAR SPORTS.

4.Also a tournament editor where you yourself can fix the venues and no of test and ODI's ...the odi format ..whether its gonna be one on one or tri series and choose your own opponents for that with your own no of round robins.
Thats all i ask for.

:cheers

^^ hit the nail on the head... i want the following

1) More Tours
2) CHANGE KEYBOARD CONTROLS!!
3) more stadiums - 1stadium per asia country!! what u mad!!
4) realistic faces - PLZ i don't care if they look dodgy jus make them look real!

thats about it..

I doubt we will ever see Star Sports commentators in the EA Cricket series. I wouldn't like the English version to have some Indians who I couldn't understand commentating! Keep Richie and Jim, but change their lines!

Users who are viewing this thread