Work being Plagiarised

Status
Not open for further replies.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Alright guys, after a lot of searching I have found out something extraordinary. Our hard work is being plagiarised guys and we need to take action!

Someone from http://www.priyank4india.com has taken our downloads put them up all in a .rar and uploaded it on rapidshare, he took the screen shots we made and put his site's link on it passing of our work using his name. There is no credit to us who actually made it.

This is his post:

munna said:
Features Included

Stroke Vration - Which Makes Game More Reallstic
2007 World Cup Squad With there Current Form
2007 World Cup Kits
Set Max TV Overlay
2007 WC Umpire Golden Kits
Menu Screens
World Cup Flashback Loading Screens
PitchAds
Stumps
Faces Edited - Real Faces
All New Bats

Now,

Stroke Vration - Which Makes Game More Reallstic - AbBh
2007 World Cup Squad With there Current Form - Roster
2007 World Cup Kits - Punk
Set Max TV Overlay - Cant Figure Out
2007 WC Umpire Golden Kits - Cant Figure Out
Menu Screens - Cant Figure Out
World Cup Flashback Loading Screens - Cant Figure Out
PitchAds - Cant Figure Out
Stumps - Cant Figure Out
Faces Edited - Real Faces - Gaurav Indian
All New Bats - Burma

The one's I couldn't figure out was because I forgot who made them but I strongly think it was AP(ashwinpai) who made the World Cup pack as over there in the beginning of the thread he also posted up the World Cup Case AP made.

Now here is the link to that thread, http://www.priyank4india.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1883&st=0

Attention, to see the whole thread you will have to register, so register in there and see the actual whole thing.

I hope to see us taking some serious action against this so my hard work in finding such a thing pays off and also the patches our community has made stay only at PlanetCricket.

Anti-Piracy, Peace.

Are you 100% sure?

Would you even bother signing up there first? Thanks. And is there anyone creating these patches on the Internet? those are the same bloody screen shots people have made in here! I will make screen shots from there and post them up.

Would you even bother signing up there first? Thanks. And is there anyone creating these patches on the Internet? those are the same bloody screen shots people have made in here! I will make screen shots from there and post them up.

I've already slated him ;)

It is simply outrageous how low a human being can stoop, but I don't think we have seen the just how low that level can get.

Even though it is a disgraceful and sickening act, I am not really sure what kind of action can be taken against this culprit. I am aware that the rule says:
Forum Rules said:
13) Plagiarism: Plagiarism is the act of taking the previously published work of others and passing it off as your own. This is both dishonest to the community and disrespectful to the original author. Anybody caught plagiarising the work of other members can expect to be dealt with severely.
If you wish to redistribute someone elses work you must get their permission first.
However, could it be likely that this person is a member or has connection with any member of PC?? In that case the member himself or the one(s) associated could be banned for life.
An idea here-perhaps PC could restrict downloading to members only?? I know it will angry the non-members and will still not stop the disgusting act of plagiarism, but it's just an idea.

Last edited:
thats definitely our work like the first screenie is the world cup patch and the last is BF's bats.He should be punished!

The world cup menus, logos, overlays are Ashwinpai's I believe. The kit pack is most likely to be Punk's as you have stated. The Gold WC umpire kit is Jonah's if I am not mistaken. The face pack is Gourav's and the batpack is Burma's Finest's creation. And the stroke variation is of course AbBh's work.

That is definitely the work of Planetcricket, from different people around the forums. What a moron, as if anyone would do all of that and take credit for it too. He puts his website on the downloads too. Time to let out some evilness and call in the admins to tell that moron that we are not pleased.

Are there disclaimers in the downloads about plagiraising them?

Well, no matter how crap and unfair it may seem...This is the internet and anything can happen. It doesnt take long for people to pirate stuff, copy or steal other peoples work.

I dont think you would have much luck with legal action though. Just an opinion. And unless the guy on that forum is a regular poster, and knows a few people, then I dont think it would be that easy to track him down.

P.S Nice to see you back anyways Burma:)

This is disgusting. How could an admin of another site do that. Action needs to be taken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread