World Cup Qualifier Minnows Clash PS3 T20

Yeah put me down for the WC for sure :) ... though just wanna clarify, this is scheduled to commence AFTER the patch? Not that it really matters lol, I'll play anyway, but i just wanna get feel for how long till it starts (guessing maybe 1 month)

Anyway PSN = E-N-I-G-M-A, and to those on this site with a PS3 who I haven't played as yet, msg me for a game (think my PSN is full atm).

... and if wanted my opinion on some rules etc, my only thoughts would be;

a) both minnows qualify (even if one group has a few extra matches) - that way there would be no temptation to throw a final game if not wanting to use that team for the WC (I honestly don't think that would happen... but to the general public and potential gambling community, it may raise some questions :sarcasm)

b) make the WC team selection either....
(i) 1 representative from each country (ie.play with the country you live in OR closest too) - (ii) Make it a public random 'hat-draw', players get assigned teams based on chance, and I believe Hmarka has offered to film and post the hat-draw if this happened lol,
(iii) My only other thought (just occurred to me then, no real thought into it yet), but why not seed the players to the teams. Obviously this is a chore, but basically look at all the w/l from other tourn threads (for those in the WC), and then rank them based on w/l record or average score or some other arbituary stat, then match the player rankings to the teams based on their ingame rankings (eg. Rank 1 guy gets 8th ranked team .. etc)

Anyway just my thoughts.... just wanted to put it out there; "if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back" (Ron Burgundy)

Yeah put me down for the WC for sure :) ... though just wanna clarify, this is scheduled to commence AFTER the patch? Not that it really matters lol, I'll play anyway, but i just wanna get feel for how long till it starts (guessing maybe 1 month)

Anyway PSN = E-N-I-G-M-A, and to those on this site with a PS3 who I haven't played as yet, msg me for a game (think my PSN is full atm).

... and if wanted my opinion on some rules etc, my only thoughts would be;

a) both minnows qualify (even if one group has a few extra matches) - that way there would be no temptation to throw a final game if not wanting to use that team for the WC (I honestly don't think that would happen... but to the general public and potential gambling community, it may raise some questions :sarcasm)

b) make the WC team selection either....
(i) 1 representative from each country (ie.play with the country you live in OR closest too) - (ii) Make it a public random 'hat-draw', players get assigned teams based on chance, and I believe Hmarka has offered to film and post the hat-draw if this happened lol,
(iii) My only other thought (just occurred to me then, no real thought into it yet), but why not seed the players to the teams. Obviously this is a chore, but basically look at all the w/l from other tourn threads (for those in the WC), and then rank them based on w/l record or average score or some other arbituary stat, then match the player rankings to the teams based on their ingame rankings (eg. Rank 1 guy gets 8th ranked team .. etc)

Anyway just my thoughts.... just wanted to put it out there; "if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back" (Ron Burgundy)

ya i get ur second point, and i will do something like that but i didnot get ur first point.. both minnows qualify??
i cannot do it because then one group in the worldcup will have 4 teams and rest will have 3...

xtremexdesix added 3 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

played LeftArmFast last night and lost
Ireland won mainly because of Trent Jhonson who played a gem of a inning and bowled superbly
348hcwp.jpg

Was a good match, I thought I had lost for sure at 90 odd for 8 wickets. The Kenyans seamers are not to be underestimated, they are very fast!

Good match today Sahil,

I have completed both against xtremedesix.

Any of the others care for a match over the weekend?

Legendboy (BAN)
Gougie (ZIM)
MATCH 1
harare day 5 ZIM won toss and batted first.

ZIM 57 all out 9 overs
BAN 58/3 8.5 overs

MATCH 2

ZIM 158/7 Blignaut 84 no (50) Matsikinyeri 39 (51) S Hossan 4/27

BAN 51/1 5.1 overs

bad light stopped play

Well played Legendboy brilliant in the first game, and not in a bad position in the 2nd, before the game froze.:doh

MATCH 2 HARARE DAY 5

BAN won toss and batted

BAN 265/5 Iqbal 150 no (69)

ZIM 149 ao 16.3 overs Madaska 61(39)

Well played mate.

Don't think dropping Iqbal twice helped, but any batsmen that gets in on that wicket, takes some stopping, i think Legendboy could have hit me for 6 with his bat handle today.:help Well batted mate.

Played LeftArmFast 2 DAYS AGO
Ireland won the toss and put Kenya to bar
Kenya made 140 allout in 17.3 overs
and ireland hammered Kenya to 142-5 in 10 overs and won by 5 wickets

E. Mergan 64(28) Ireland

Ireland vs Zimbabwe Game 1 :

Ireland win by 8 wickets.

Zim (Gougie) 104/6 in 20 overs
S Williams 40(34)

Ireland (LeftArmFast) 105/2 in 12.2 overs
W Porterfield 54*(39)

Last edited by a moderator: