Minnow Online Trophy - 3rd round now underway!

Yeah Van Troost was a pain in the ass for me!! :D

Well Played EarlCG - enjoyable game :)

BTW - Thanks for putting up with my earlier connection problems!!

I think I'm playing for the wooden spoon now - the minnow of the minnows!!

Yep - bit worried about this stagnating.

Round Ones fixtures are now complete as I myself and monty57 finally got around to having our match. After much effort trying to get us up and running we were eventually able to play over Hamachi, with him hosting.

He won the toss and put me into bat and swiftly took the first wicket with Raja lost to a run out, one of only two moments where any lag cost me at all. I managed to score at a fair old rate of knots, reaching the 100 off 9.1 but losing wickets at fairly regular intervals with a mixture of stumpings, catches on the leg side, and run outs and one lag assisted clean bowled. I was aided on two counts a) despite me sweeping often monty/rich seemed most reluctant to put men behind the bat and b) tail-enders can bat on balanced and so they ably supported that man, Van Troost, who played a captains knock of 42* off 23 balls, a bit slower than Zuiderdents 40 off 18 meaning that I was dismissed with only a few balls remaining, setting fairly decent target of 214 for the chase.

Unfortunately for monty his innings was a much less topsy turvy affair with him never challenging the RRR, and losing wickets at a fairly rapid rate, being bowled out for 41 at the halfway mark. There were a few nice shots in there, lofted shots over point and long off particularly standing out, but he failed to get to grips with Kashifs slow-left-arm in particular and a fair few of the total were sneaky extras. ;)

Overall considering that this was montys first game online I think he did himself no disgrace :)

Here's the scorecard:
earlmontybal.jpg

good result earl! sorry about the lack of updates,been really busy recently, though hoping to get it going again asap, so check back for updates

No worries mate - just good to hear that you haven't disappeared :o) If you can just decide on the third round of fixtures over the next couple of days that'd be great.

Good luck with your busy spell!

Me and lecisterfox havnt played our match but lecisterfox has forfitted the match due to work he needs to do so that means i win

Monty57 said:
Me and lecisterfox havnt played our match but lecisterfox has forfitted the match due to work he needs to do so that means i win

What a great way to win Monty!!

So i take it that's the second round fixtures complete and all matches are now up to date.

I think Tommymac has been busy the past week but i think he said somewhere that if we give him a few days he'll update the table and post round 3 fixtures.

how smooth was the game over hamachi?

Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of activity recently, have been very busy with work etc! good to see such commitment from everyone involving the tournament, and thanks for completing all your games!

Ive now updated the table and posted the 3rd round fixtures!

Good luck to everyone, and hope this tournament can continue in the positive vain that it's started with.

Thanks for your patience and your continued involvement in the tournament, good luck to everyone and enjoy!

I dont think mastabanda/fs740 is gonna be playing anymore as he pulled out of the other tournament he is in. Not sure I particularly want to play with him after what he has said/done to others either lol.

good call, i thought about pulling him from the tournament, but though id see how things went, but he's now out, so mastabanda/fs740 you have been removed from the tournament.

we are now looking for a new participant! so please feel free to join!

you will be playing as Zimbabwe and will have to continue with the results from the previous two matches.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'll happily play as Zimbabwe.

great thanks dippa, check out the 1st post in the thread, for all info regarding the tournament and the fixtures. Good luck

Good to see you back on the site tommymac :) & thanks for the fixture update

Users who are viewing this thread