world cup qualifying

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Only 4 second place sides go through this time I think. England get Croatia, payback time :D Ukraine won't be easy but we have to qualify from this, no excuses. Hlebs belarus won't be too easy but we should beat them. Wales are out with Russia and germany, Scotland have Holland and Norway so it will be tough for them, Northern Ireland have the Czechs and Poles but they will not be likely either.

Croatia
England
Ukraine
Belarus
Kazakhstan
Andorra

I expect us to top this, with a competent manager not a ginger bloke with an umbrella

Absolutely right. Croatia beating us twice was a once-off. Man for man, we're way better than Croatia. I reckon Capello hit it on the head when he said that England's problems are mental, not technical, after all there's nothing wrong with their technique week in, week out in the Premiership and we're also doing quite well in Europe these days! I predict England winning that group and banishing those upstart Croats to the play-offs!

Last edited:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Just exactly how is someone beating you twice a one off?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I meant over the course of a tournament, ok I'll rephrase it:

Croatia doing the double over us was a one off!

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
We have a tough group.

Australia
Iraq (Asian Cup Champions)
China (On the rise)
Qatar

It's been rated the toughest group in the Asian part.

And we won't have our European counterparts for the first couple of games. :(

I expect us to go through. If I am correct only the team that comes first goes to the next phase. Iraq should push us and same with China but anything less than 3 points against Qatar is disspointing. Also do we only play each other once?

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I expect us to go through. If I am correct only the team that comes first goes to the next phase. Iraq should push us and same with China but anything less than 3 points against Qatar is disspointing. Also do we only play each other once?

Nope. Top 2.

This phase of qualifying will see the Qantas Socceroos play their opponents home and away with the top-two placed teams progressing to the fourth and final round where four teams will gain direct entry to the 2010 FIFA World Cup while a fifth team will play off against the top Oceania team for the final place in South Africa.

Users who are viewing this thread