World of Cricket 2007 - a game making challenge

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Actually i think this has fizzled out...and is no longer being made

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
let me clarify something - The Cricket Project (TCP) is in no way related to the proposed 'World of cricket 2007' which indeed seemed to fizzle out before getting off the ground. Please do not confuse this thread with The Cricket Project forum above.

WOC2007

School Cricketer
woah ... long time no see

hey guys

firstly, my apologies for the seeming 'duck and run' - it wasn't that at all ... i had a few work emergencies and I was away from my PC and caught up with work. The pre-Christmas period and time since then has been quite chaotic, and I had to put my priorities right. Things haven't changed much, but the game is very much in the pipeline.

This project is currently still an idea ... it's not meant to compete with any other projects. I am not claiming that it will/can/may/should be better than any others. I just get frustrated by playing cricket games that are totally sub-standard!

Remember, this is something i want to develop in my spare time. I am willing to help in any way that I can, but i'm proposing the idea to you, with the expectation that you would grab onto the idea and initiate development. I am not an experienced programmer or artist, but i have got ideas. So my point for all of this is that I am not doing this for money, and thus it's a spare-time thing. But it's also not MY project, it's OUR project. Everyone is full of good ideas and everybody has skills. We can use them.

I am still compiling a neat list of features. Anybody who wants the messy list is quite welcome to email me: davidwarner_za|AT|yahoo.co.uk - i will send you the Word file.

Anyway, lets see what we can do. Howabout a bit of friendly competition for 'The Cricket Project' :P

P.S. legend_master - i am continually impressed by 'The Cricket Project' - i hope that you can keep it up :)

P.P.S Another reason for my lack of replies is that for some reason, i haven't been notified of posts to the forum. Strange ... lol

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Nah man, join TCP and make it super duper :D.

You can attach word files to a post by clicking manage attachments under the post box in advanced post making/editing

Good luck wid ur work priorities

Manee

Jdz

School Cricketer
This isn't going to work for a few reasons

1) You're asking alot to get somebody else to code the game.
2) The 'PC' community seems to be fully behind TCP.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Jdz said:
This isn't going to work for a few reasons

1) You're asking alot to get somebody else to code the game.
2) The 'PC' community seems to be fully behind TCP.
Actually yeah, even I initially thought of helping out but LM's project is looking solid and one that will finish for sure.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
The reason that this game is not possible because PC community is behind TCP, is absolutely absurd. PC cpmmunity is just behind a very promising game. If there are dozens of promising games they all will be behind the dozens in full force.

On the other hand, having ideas and implementing is two separate issues. He has o look for coders. For the first and most important part, the Graphics and AI Engine.

happy_peep_tom

School Cricketer
Making Own Cricket Game

hi i can be of help i can make models animate them in max and i do have 3dgamestudio a6 you can also download the trial from its site www.conitec.com
and for animation try CAT for 3dmax or standalone software like iclone , i tried to make a 3d cricket game twice but was all tired doing it alone i can help by providing you all with tutorials for above mentioned softwares the language used by engine is c-script . another engine that is free of cost is truevision and works with c# , c++ or vb (anyone of those) ,

Preffered Engines suggested by me (for compiling and running game)

. 3d gamestudio (c-script)
. truevision (free) (c#, c++,vb)
. darkbasic (basic)
. darkbasic proffesional (basic)
. 3d rad
. these all are standalone engines accept "truevision" there are other engines also which are not standalone and require microsoft ide development atmosphere.

Preffered 3d authoring softwares (for modeling and animation)

. 3ds max (recommended bcoz of universal acceptance and easy to use than maya)
. maya
. milkshape 3d (free)
. autocad
. poser (can be used for refference but not practically bcoz of high poly count)
. cinema 4d
. lightwave

preffered graphic tools (for textures and 2d graphics)

. photoshop cs
. paintshop
. gif animator (very handy at making 2d animated sprites)

preffered animation tools (for animating models)

. can be done in all above 3d authoring softwares
. character studio (part of 3dmax package)
. motion builder studio ( compatible with maya though maya supports animation without it also but this is quite advanced)
. CAT (3ds max rigging and animation tools- very easy and powerfull)
. bones pro ( max plugin for skinning and animation )

----------------------------------------------------------------------

as far as much debated motion capture thing is concerned let me clear that everyone knows codemaster used motion capture players in there latest brian lara edition but i dont think its realistic atleast batting it looks cartooney to me , moreover more than graphics its the gameplay that gives you feel of the game , best example ill put here is of brianlara 99 - the best game ive played about cricket, now that was really a genuine effort in making a decent game of cricket .

anyways enough of this long talk now
gear up the pc , uninstall the garbage make it as fast as you can , prepare your flowcharts, hold your mouses and god willing soon will be playing our own game or who knows whole world might be !

ssyd99

School Cricketer
Has anyone picked up on this? I.e, on making a 3D Cricket game????

Users who are viewing this thread