World of Cricket 2007 - a game making challenge

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have used Truvision with VB a bit and am quite impressed with it........THere's no problem for me contributing some money for the engine(at a later stage if required). It will take some time though to get used to Truvision 3DK with C++. ANyways if someone comes up with some other engine...that is better than Truevision 3Dk, then its welcomed

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
looks like its moving nicely, tell me when you need my expertise (if you can call it that! :p)

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i can also help with kits rosters adboards etc

prarara

International Cricketer
I'm not sure if this has been hit on, but wont we need to 'license' the people and the teams? Even the jerseys and things? Do we have a legal analyst here?

madforcricket

School Cricketer
no we wont need a licence becoz we are making a freeware game. no profit, no license required. and btw, i am assistant executive of the howzat cricket project, and also webmaster of the site.
Hey to all of you guys. Its great that we have such a great site like planet cricket where we can discuss and get together with other cricket game fans. there are very few such sites, and i am proud to be a member of the cricket gaming community.
i call upon all dedicated to cricket gaming and all with some skill to give us your aid in making a great cricket management/sim!
And wish us luck ;)

prarara

International Cricketer
madforcricket said:
no we wont need a licence becoz we are making a freeware game. no profit, no license required. and btw, i am assistant executive of the howzat cricket project, and also webmaster of the site.
Hey to all of you guys. Its great that we have such a great site like planet cricket where we can discuss and get together with other cricket game fans. there are very few such sites, and i am proud to be a member of the cricket gaming community.
i call upon all dedicated to cricket gaming and all with some skill to give us your aid in making a great cricket management/sim!
And wish us luck ;)

Thanks for the welcome...

I'm going to take a course on programming; if you guys need help in that field I might be able to lend a hand.

madforcricket

School Cricketer
sure, y not? have a look around at our website and see if any aspect of the game interests u, and maybe u can take charge on that?

Iniyan

School Cricketer
I am into this. I am an expert programmer in C++ and C#. I am good in Maya Dynamics (including MEL) and Houdini. Can also work in Max. Very little experience in 3-d engine development. But then we can always use irrlidht engine. Its fast, really good, above all, free and open source.

Regarding motion capture. Cricket games need very little motion capture unlike other sports games. these can easily be constructed using videos.

btw, what the heck have EA done with their motion capture? ;)

And btw, sorry for being off topic.

I happened to recover my previous id(Iniyan). The last time I logged in with it was sometime in Feb 2004. :eek: So I wont be using my new id (dniniyan)

michaelwest

School Cricketer
Good luck with this project. I once was part of a similar project a year ago, unfortunately that was abandoned after the leader decided he didn't have enough time to continue.

Therefore I'll say that this type of project will need a lot of dedication and time in order to get there in the end and this can sometimes look hard but remember the hardest bit is making that good start. So work hard, keep at it and make sure you spend time on research and planning before you jump into the coding.

I may be able to help out at some stage, decent programmer myself but I would need to have a little more practice in game coding before I would be able to be a decent help. In the mean time, I'll keep a close eye on this project and try help out in other areas of advice.

Good Luck.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Gr8 to hear from all of u...

As for engine....i will stil maintain Truevision 3DK the best for this game, its costs around 150$(if we all contribute, then it will hatdly cost us anything), we also need not buy it now...we can simply use the engine now (it will have watermarks)once we are complete we can buy it...Cricket is not such a game where we need groundbreaking engines, any decent engine will do hell lot of good to the game...

As for Motion capture, EA had the resources so they used it, we dont have so we need no think or worry abt it(all animators will agree). Now we just need to get goin...I am still waiting for WOC2007 to post any updates...

funwey

School Cricketer
Using new 3D input device for WOC2007

Hi;

I write to introduce a new 3D input device for cricket - imagine that you no longer need gamepad or mouse to awkwardly control the bat in the game - you can naturally swing the controller as in real life and its full 6-DOF movement is copied for control of the virtual bat in realtime - This is the essence of cricket ! Its cost is around that of a conventional wireless gamepad. Please visit www.affineontech.com for demo videos of golf, baseball, tennis, sword, etc. I am looking for collaborators for creating next-gen cricket games such as WOC2007. Anyone interested ?

funwey

School Cricketer
Not quite relevant for management game - but to capture the essence of 3D action in sports games.

Users who are viewing this thread