World Test Championship

I agree. Bangladesh need to start getting some wins now. They are producing good batsmen but there has not been a single noteworthy fast bowler hailing from their country. Its virtually impossible to win test matches without quality fast bowlers.

Stop with the P P P. Not every thing has to be Premier League! God!! There are other things you can call it. They started IPL, and ever since then everything is P P P. 80% of leagues in PC has the word PREMIER on it. Why? You cant think of something else? :facepalm

maybe in the future there should be a test series between Bangladesh or (whoever is last on the test rankings) vs (Whoever is first in the second division eg. Zimbabwe) and whoever wins that series gets to stay/promoted in to/the top championship.

I'd make the leagues smaller if I was going to do this. I'd say two tiers of 6 teams each, England, Australia, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka and one other (probably Pakistan) in Tier 1 and New Zealand, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Ireland and one other associate, either Afghanistan, Scotland or the Netherlands.

All 12 play tests, no point being exclusivist, a 3 year cycle, (3 series + exhibition series year 1, 4 series year 2, 3 series + exhibition series/playoff series year 3,) and a 5 test playoff series between the top of 2 and bottom of 1 after the 3 years. The exhibition series allow for the ashes or other vengance series to be played.

I really hope that the ICC goes with a plan like this. Not necessarily split up EXACTLY that what, but a simple schedule that must be stuck to and can't be doctored by India when they want to retain their mythical #1 rank :p

I'd like to see the 'A' teams included in the lower level somehow. Why? It would increase the quality of cricket in the lower division, help develop 2nd string players from teams that have weaker first class competitions and would also let the weaker nations tour in the top countries instead of never getting a chance to play in iconic locations like Australia, England or India.

Quality wise, I'm sure Australia A could soundly beat Argentina and probably beat all 10 of those League teams even Bangladesh. So if I were doing it I'd add the 8 'A' teams of the top teams, add whichever of UAE/Afghanistan you left out first time and find one other associate (or use Bangladesh 'A') and you could make a 3rd 10 team tier. Then I'd be using a relegation/promotion system for the top/bottom team or 2. You could make a rule that no 'A' team could ever make it into the top tier to keep Test cricket's purity intact and of course the 2nd and 3rd tier leagues wouldn't play Tests they'd be playing 4 day matches like the OP suggested.

For point scoring I'd go something like this:
6 points - Away series win
5 points - Home series win
3 points - Away series draw
2 point - Home series draw
And 2 points for every Test match won. So that there is incentive to play even if you are up 4-0 in a 5 Test series. 1 point each for a tie, nothing for a draw to encourage attacking cricket.

The inclusion of A teams is a very good idea

There can be 2 groups in League Cup comprised of 5 Associates and 5 A/B teams:)

The champions of each group will qualify to upper tier but not the A/B teams

the points system given by you is good too

World Test Championship

Test cricket calender is in a chaos and confusion and so it should be integrated in a single tournament called the World Test Championship.

It will be played on a 4 year basis beginning with the end of 2011 World Cup and end before 2015 ICC World Cup.

It will consist of two leagues.

1.Major League (W.G. Grace Trophy/Bradman Memorial Trophy)

2.League Cup

The Major League will consist of 8 Nations.

Australia
England
India
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
New Zealand
South Africa
West Indies

Each nation will play mandatory 12 Tests per year ( Home & Away basis).

It will include 3/4/5 match serieses not 2 Test serieses.

Thus a nation will play 48 Tests in the Major League.

A nation will score points on winning or drawing a series extra point for away win.

The nation with maximum points will be crowned the Ultimate Test Champions (of the 4 year span).

Test match format will be 5 days 90 ovs per day no such thing as day night match only pure white cricket.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The League Cup will consist of 10 Nations.

Bangladesh
Zimbabwe
Ireland
Canada
Kenya
Holland
Scotland
Argentina
Afghanistan/UAE
Namibia

The format here will be First Class not Test.

Each nation will play mandatory 12 FCs per year ( Home & Away basis).

It will include 3 match serieses not 2 match serieses.

Thus a nation will play 48 FC s in the League Cup.

A nation will score points on winning or drawing a series extra point for away win.

The nation with maximum points will be crowned winner of the Cup.

First Class match format will be 4 days 100 ovs per day no such thing as day night match only pure white cricket.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The winner of League Cup will face the bottom team of Major League in a play off series and if the win they will be promoted to the Major League and loser relegated to the League Cup.

All the players will be given full time contracts and this will be a good exposure for the associate nations.

This is the ultimate system which can save Test cricket.Please show this to the ICC.
Ultimate plan, but ICC definitely will not implement it cause they have some FTP thingy, which they'll stick on with.

And OMG!
Each nation will play mandatory 12 Tests per year ( Home & Away basis).
Do you want BCCI to live or commit suicide?:laugh

Not a very good idea as a competition four years long won't get much interest of the people.
I rather agree with Gazza's suggestion of a KO tournament once in four years.

Ultimate plan, but ICC definitely will not implement it cause they have some FTP thingy, which they'll stick on with.

And OMG!

Do you want BCCI to live or commit suicide?:laugh

The best time to implement is rt after the 2011 WC we can start afresh

Users who are viewing this thread