Worst Shooting in American History: 32 Dead @ Virginia Tech

Should individuals have the right to bear arms?

• Yes

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 88.9%

• Total voters

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well from what I read the second killer was looking for his girl friend going through classroom to classroom killing people.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am just wondering if USA is a safe place to visit anymore. This incident more or less confirms that some Asian countries do get accused wrongly and are in fact a lot safer. Whatever happened is obviously shocking and the accused should be given the maximum punishment regardless of age etc. No more comments.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Burma's Finest said:
On the contrary, the poll is not naive. It is about the right to bear arms lawfully. The point being that this psychopath was able to legally obtain a machine gun and countless rounds of amunition and do what he did. In the US he has the right to possess these things lawfully. This is incomprehensible in Europe where individuals do not have the right to bear arms.
It should be pointed out that in Switzerland, pretty much every household has a gun. In fact it's the law. There is a lot more to the gun crime problem in the USA than just guns being so easily obtainable. Canada doesn't have anywhere near the gun crime problem the USA has, and it has guns are almost as easily obtainable as they are in the USA.

rickyp

International Coach
sad story, i heard 33 people have died, which would suggest the current toll is incomplete (?) which just makes this worse. It's hard for people here to imagine it i gather. I mean, if someone walked into your school killing people around you, your first instinct is to run, not to stop them.

regardless, very sad news

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Terrible news. Saw it on MSN ysterday and the newspaper today morning. Shocking. The culprit has been caught though, a Chinese dude.
I can't believe that a University could just let this happen. Was there no security around? Our school has a security guard at the gates, was there something similar here?
Just stunning. Imagine being in class, then turning around to see your classmates being gunned down. Unbelievable.

D

Deleted member 11215

Now they know who did it apparently 'a loner' shows what lonelyness can do to you, it drove this guy over the edge and regardless of whether he had a gun he would of gone ahead with doing something like it i believe. However the boy was a disgrace america gave the boy a home when he moved from korea at the age of 8, i dont see how someone could hate the country that saved them so much, its strange how people work.

Sureshot

Executive member
The right to bear arms...

One of the most deadly political constitional rights in history, hundreds of thousands if not millions killed. Too late to change now though. Not that America wants to change. They just don't see (on the whole, not saying everyone) that guns are the problem, they are designed to kill, gunpowder was designed to use to kill people. All this stuff about protecting yourself is rubbish. The police are the enforcers not your average Joe citizen.

People get kiled by their 'right'.

andrew_nixon said:
It should be pointed out that in Switzerland, pretty much every household has a gun. In fact it's the law. There is a lot more to the gun crime problem in the USA than just guns being so easily obtainable. Canada doesn't have anywhere near the gun crime problem the USA has, and it has guns are almost as easily obtainable as they are in the USA.

The Swiss situation is very odd isn't it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1566715.stm 5 and a half years old mind.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
andrew_nixon said:
It should also be pointed out that although it has been the duty of every male Swiss citizen to be armed and to serve in the militia. (After basic training, each soldier receives a military firearm and ammunition to keep at home, to facilitate rapid mobilisation of the armed forces). The ammunition is received in a sealed box, which may be opened only in a warlike emergency. The box and the seal on it are checked during every service, that is at least once every year.

Also
although firearm numbers in Switzerland are similar to other countries, its gun death rate is high, a consequence of its elevated suicide rate.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
On the news last night was a NZ uni student, he was talking about how freely the Americans could buy guns, there was even gun sales going on outside of the Church.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
ZoraxDoom said:
Terrible news. Saw it on MSN ysterday and the newspaper today morning. Shocking. The culprit has been caught though, a Chinese dude.
I can't believe that a University could just let this happen. Was there no security around? Our school has a security guard at the gates, was there something similar here?
Just stunning. Imagine being in class, then turning around to see your classmates being gunned down. Unbelievable.

Nah, I don't know about America, but here in Canada we just have an alarm for everything.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
The more likely solution to this is to give everyone a free gun so they can defend themselves. :rolleyes:

Very sad happenings but I just know America won't do anything about it. Let's hope i'm wrong.
In America this is a sad truth. They are way too pro violence.

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
rickyp said:
sad story, i heard 33 people have died, which would suggest the current toll is incomplete (?) which just makes this worse. It's hard for people here to imagine it i gather. I mean, if someone walked into your school killing people around you, your first instinct is to run, not to stop them.

regardless, very sad news

But if he has a gun and has closed the door people will throw anything they have near them towards him. Maybe not.

In our school we keep our sports equipment(like bats) in our classroom so if that is the case anyone could easily get something and hit the culprit with it.

Users who are viewing this thread