Worst Shooting in American History: 32 Dead @ Virginia Tech

Should individuals have the right to bear arms?

• Yes

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 24 88.9%

• Total voters

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
abc News said:
At least 32 people are dead in what may be the biggest mass shooting in modern American history ? and the death toll may rise. Police at Virginia Tech, in Blacksburg, Va., said that the shootings happened at a dormitory and a classroom on opposite sides of the university campus.
Read the full article here

This is truly a sad event but unfortunately not a shocking one. How many more of these massacres do there have to be before the Americans do something about their gun laws?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The more likely solution to this is to give everyone a free gun so they can defend themselves. :rolleyes:

Very sad happenings but I just know America won't do anything about it. Let's hope i'm wrong.

D

Deleted member 13648

Jesus! You laugh at these sort of things when they're in a game like GTA but this is just crazy!

JamesyJames3

International Coach
I read about this pretty much as it broke and was shocked and horrified. Especially seeing as the individual managed to kill 30+ people without being stopped. Very sad indeed.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This a really sad, people went there for study and all , they are now becoming the target ,i am keen to see what will Bush do about this matter . I belive this was the 2nd time in this year

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Humanity is severely flawed if it creates people that do this. 'Power corrupts and absolute power corrups absolutely', in this case the power is that too kill. Guns should not be legal in America and there should be a severe crackdown in the World about such a matter before a murder becomes a routine segment of Breakfast news.

The poll is a slightly naive one in that it is very hard to stop people having guns and once those select few gang members have guns, others want them to protect themselves and it snowballs.

My thoughts go out to the families of those killed as do my thoughts go out to the many people who will be shot in this year and the coming years due to increasing gun crime.

D

Deleted member 13648

WORLD CHAMPIONS said:
This a really sad, people went there for study and all , they are now becoming the target ,i am keen to see what will Bush do about this matter . I belive this was the 2nd time in this year
I don't exactly see what this has to do with George Bush :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 11215

im suprised the gunman didnt get taken down by the kids really, im sure if they all jumped him they could of got him down. it would of caused loss of life but everyone wants to be a hero. however it didnt and im saddened and my sympathy goes out to the family, the man was a coward and killed himself after :( why do they always take the easy route out :(

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
manee said:
The poll is a slightly naive one in that it is very hard to stop people having guns and once those select few gang members have guns, others want them to protect themselves and it snowballs.
On the contrary, the poll is not naive. It is about the right to bear arms lawfully. The point being that this psychopath was able to legally obtain a machine gun and countless rounds of amunition and do what he did. In the US he has the right to possess these things lawfully. This is incomprehensible in Europe where individuals do not have the right to bear arms.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I am aware of that but it was never legal in Europe while in America, most households have a gun stashed away somewhere.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Yes, you're making exactly the same point as BF! This is about whether Americans should have the right or not.

!x!Culli!x! said:
I don't exactly see what this has to do with George Bush :rolleyes:
Well, he's the President isn't he? And therefore he should have some say over this matter, although legal ownership of guns is actually quite popular amongst the yanks.

Btw, I'm not sure whether it's appropriate to use this as another talking point to mock the US. A psycho will do what a psycho wants to do. I doubt whether this being legal or not will stop him, but it certainly did make his job easier.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Was really sad hearing this, when I first heard about it I thought the guy was trying to replicate the Columbine shootings.

I don't see why they need to have guns, if they need to defend themselves there is other means. Right now they are just giving guns away to psycho and when they snap they can just grab their gun and go on a rampage.

sachin

International Coach
I wonder what the motives were?It's obviously a shocking tragedy,and it does seem that the College has some serious talking to do.The second round of shootings happened a good time after the first two deaths and the College should have been shut down by that time.So there will be some repurcussions for those idiotic people in power.

Users who are viewing this thread