Worth buying purely for online? What is online like?

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
RPIC 2007 just came out in Australia today and I may get a copy as my school holidays start tomorrow. Question is: Is it worth it purely for online? Offline seems to be a joke. I'm a cricket enthusiast and purist. 20/20 scores in test matches doesn't do it for me.

What is the game like online for PC? (don't have a 360 but have a reasonable computer). Much lag? I'd have thought that any lag would make batting horrible as you need the quick reflexes for it to work.

One other question. What are the frame rates like compared to the demo? Better performance?

madmattg

International Cricketer
Ok, online is good and probably worth the buy.

Although I havent tried the PC online yet the match i have completed online on the 360 was the best cricket game expierence I have had yet.

However I have tried 3 matched, 2 disconnected as I was hammering them and the third batted first so it was my first time against a person.

This was awsome and I got some stick with them scoring 4/115 of thier 10. i found I cant bowl with the spinner against a person as of yet and got carted for 30 and 26 of 2 seperate overs.

However, my last over was a maiden and the others pretty good.

I won the match in 8.5 with the loss of 3 wickets so it was still a good close match.

Hope that answers the question as for lag on the 360 there was a little, but still made for an enjoyable expierence.

Will be trying the PC shortly so i hope it is just as good.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Definately its a worth to buy this game :) first time online cricket ,and BLIC or RPIC 07 is great according to my views :p

madmattg

International Cricketer
Managed to play another online,

Which was again awsome.

He managed to get 8/75 of his 10 and I reeled it in in 6 with the loss of 1.

Have to say online is the definite highlight and a must buy option of the game.

Ricco_M

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah I've played a few games online (PC- through Gamespy Arcade) the last few evenings and had some cracking games. Definitely worth buying for online mode. Shame about single player and AI :(

I would love to try a tournament online some weekend, now that would be good

madmattg

International Cricketer
I have been busting for a tournament aswell.

Hoping to jump on board with one in the furure.

pakfan

School Cricketer
online is crap, almost every person i have played against there is lag as the bowler is about to bowl..... before someone says its my internet speed, i hav adsl 2 and i never have this problem with any other game online.

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
adsl2 means ??? what is your connection speed ??? Even my modem is adsl2 and can support 12mb but my but upload/download is around 25kbps :p

pakfan

School Cricketer
Ankit kukreti said:
adsl2 means ??? what is your connection speed ??? Even my modem is adsl2 and can support 12mb but my but upload/download is around 25kbps :p

10mbps

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Ankit kukreti said:
Adsl2 is basically faster ADSL.

Max speeds for ADSL are 8Mbit downstream and 1Mbit upstream

Max Speeds for ADSL2 are 12Mbit down and 1Mbit up

Max Speeds for ADSL2+ are 24Mbit down and 1Mbit up

These are Maximum speeds, so its still possible (and indeed common) to have 10Mbit downstream and only 256Kbit upstream yet this is still ADSL2.

Users who are viewing this thread