Big_Boss

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
yhst-25689159752175_1838_9369995

Pre-Order Xbox 2 HERE!!!

Price: $300-$500 (Expected)

Release Date: Late 2005

Games:

Avalon, Halo 3, Fable, Project Gotham Racing, Elder Scrolls IV, Dark Sector, BattleField Modern Combat, Heavenly Sword, The Darkness, WarCry, Retribution, Cry Havoc...

yhst-25689159752175_1840_1754202

Online network: Next generation wireless network, letting players and developers form their own marketplace, selling in-game content for real-world cash via small micro-transactions. Racing game enthusiasts, for example, will be able to buy a faster car to give them an edge in the game for a slight bit more, should they wish. Similarly, players who design, say, clothing or tattoos for their own characters will be able to sell those to others. This is something of a departure for game developers. While there has been a thriving market for in-game items for some time on eBay and other auction sites, game companies have typically frowned on the practice. Currently, massively multiplayer online games, such as "EverQuest" and "World of Warcraft" see the biggest demand, with sales of advanced in-game characters reaching several hundred dollars. The marketplace will also allow developers to publish games one "chapter" at a time, which could cut development costs and increase the flow of new gaming content. Episodic content has been attempted before on the PC (with limited success), but never for the larger console audience. As with Xbox Live, the marketplace will also allow players to download new game levels, maps, weapons and more. (More than 2 million Xbox owners currently subscribe to Xbox Live.)

CPU: Xbox 360's CPU has three 3.0 GHz PowerPC cores. Each core is capable of two instructions per cycle and has an L1 cache with 32 KB for data and 32 KB for instructions. The three cores share 1 MB of L2 cache. Alpha 2 developer kits currently have two cores instead of three.

GPU: 360's GPU is a generation beyond the ATI X800. Its clock speed is 500 MHz and it supports Shader 3.0. Developers are currently working with an alpha 2 GPU. Beta GPU units are expected by May and the final GPU is slated for a summer release. The final GPU will be more powerful than anything on the market today; in game terms, it would handle a game like Half-Life 2 with ease.

System Memory: It will have 256 MB of system RAM. Keep in mind that this number should not be equated to typical PC RAM. The Xbox has 64 MB of system RAM and is a very capable machine.

Optical Drive: As many have speculated, Xbox 360 will not use Blu-Ray or HD-DVD. Games will come on dual-layer DVD-9 discs. While the media is the same as that of the current Xbox, the usable space on each disc is up to 7 GB. The drive is slated to run at 12X.

Memory Units: Xbox 360 will use 64 MB to 1,024 MB memory cards. 8 MB is reserved for system use, leaving a 56 MB to 1,016 MB for user data.

Hard Drive: As many have speculated, Xenon's hard drive is optional. 2 GB of the drive will be used as game cache. The final drive size is still being determined.

Camera: It will have a USB 2.0 camera. It's capable of 1.2 megapixel still shots and VGA video. Photos can be used in-game and for gamer profiles. The camera can also be used for video chat. It's unknown if it's camera will allow for EyeToy-like gameplay. Developers are currently using a simulated camera driver.

Sound Chip: The system does not have an audio chip in the traditional sense. Decompression is handled by hardware, while the rest of the chores are handled by software. DirectSound3D has been dropped in favor of X3DAudio. The former was deemed too inflexible.

Controller: The primary changes are the removal of the Black and White buttons and the addition of shoulder buttons. The triggers, thumbsticks, D-pad, and primary buttons are essentially unchanged. The controller will support vibration and are Wireless controllers.

Demo Graphics:

yhst-25689159752175_1839_4115619

yhst-25689159752175_1839_4158912

yhst-25689159752175_1839_4177373

yhst-25689159752175_1839_4226701

yhst-25689159752175_1839_4289762

yhst-25689159752175_1839_4327689

(This Information can change at any time until it is released)

I would love to get one for myself.. I love playing games on my TV rather than my PC. I am planning to get a big screen TV (45-50 inches) and would love to play a cricket game (BLIC 2005) on it...

I hope the price is between $300-$350 as it would be better in buying it.. Anything above $400 might be a trifle costly for me..

saisrini80 said:
I would love to get one for myself.. I love playing games on my TV rather than my PC. I am planning to get a big screen TV (45-50 inches) and would love to play a cricket game (BLIC 2005) on it...
Get a graphics card with TV out and you can

:onpc For PC you need do updates on your computer for new games and most games come on Playstation, Xbox, and Gamecube before it is released on a PC Plateform...

One thing that I like about Xbox 360 is that it has great online features like the market place, like you can download games from the network, you can buy extra things, you can update the game with new levels...so on...

Hold on Xbox changes it features alot so they may add more features :)

saisrini80 said:
but wont the graphics of Xbox or a PS2 look better than a PC?

If you have the latest Graphics Card(and a good processor and ram) for a PC,then the PS2 and Xbox graphics would look like a joke when you compare them with the PC.

I told you guys Xbox changes features:)

Big Update:

Today Microsoft Corp. has just announced that it has licensed microchip technology from International Business Machines Corp. for use in future Xbox products.

IBM's involvement in the other major game systems includes supplying the PowerPC processor used in Nintendo's GameCube and working with Sony and Toshiba to develop The Cell for the PlayStation 3.

Xbox will be using The Cell that PS3 is using!!!
So PS3 and Xbox 360 has the same Online Network, Same chip "The Cell" (Which is the main power of these systems)
If Xbox 360 uses Blu-Ray Disc than there won't be any difference between PS3 and Xbox 360:(

:) Win a Microsoft Xbox 360!
That's right! As soon as Microsoft's next generation consoles is released the winner will Xbox 360

All you have to do to enter is tell us in no more than 30 WORDS why you think YOU deserve a new Xbox2!

If you use web mail please enter 'winxbox2' as the subject and send your entry to '[email protected]'. If the subject is something other than this then your entry will not be valid.
:cool:​
This chip is the future of the gaming system ~ Xbox was losing when they didn't had the chip (The Cell), now there only one step behind PS3 because PS3 has Blu-Ray. Xbox also has some of Gamecube technology. Xbox can't lose this war, because they lost from PS2 last time, so expect more features...

\/ "The Cell"
\/
\/

Attachments

• cellsony.jpg
    cellsony.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread