Yet another preview

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
PALGN said:
When Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2005 (RPIC 2005) was first released eighteen months ago, we were rather surprised at just how fun it was. You could easily pick the game up and learn the controls in minutes, which made it the perfect multiplayer game. After the success of RPIC 2005, Codemasters has gone back to the drawing board to develop Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2007 in time for the World Cup.

The rest of the article can be found here:
http://palgn.com.au/article.php?tit...&id=6438&sid=6ea5bd7e37a4cc5ca21eda359cf0cddc

Nothing new really. Not entirely sure why they say there are more licenced tournaments this time when in actual fact, it's the same as 2005...

Hardly anything groundbreaking when reading that. Still, any information at all is good I suppose.

Guess there is one revelation, that is the minor bugs such as:
palgn said:
when a wicket is taken, the crowd jump up and down gleefully but they don't appear to make all that much noise. When a wicket is taken, we want to hear deafening screams from the crowd that really make you feel like you're at a cricket match. Whilst we're not ruling out the idea of the crowd effects improving for the final version, we're not all that confident. At times, the AI in the game also made some questionable decisions - when the fielders missed the wicket when trying to run out our batsman, they overthrew the ball so hard that the ball carried through to the boundary. Oh, and the umpire has a strange tendency to call for the third umpire in decisions that are as clear as day.
No real concern to me though, should still be a quality game.

Kodos, i think that the crowd is irrelivent TBH. Ok i'd like them all to be 3D with realistic noises and movements of course, but aslong as i cant hit a six off everyball and Brett Lee cant swing a 100MPH ball from way outside leg stump to way outside off, ill be happy :D

I am just looking foward to play it for a week and than uninstalled and stacked up in my CD folder. Oh forgot there's an online play option, will try that if pings are playable.

Online play again sounds good but not an amazing review to be honest. It's strange how it says "Out Now" under the Australian release date.

Users who are viewing this thread