young player training help

pommie mbangwa

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was wondering how best to train young players because i have been playing the game for a while and i have only had one youngster who has gone on to big things at my team I always have the academy funding on full is the game faulty or am i just no good:crying

any help would be appreciated

If it is ICC 2008, give him general technique till he turns 25. Then improve his individual preferences for the next two years. After that switch to batting coaching.

Ok, I'll explain how I have decided to do things having played for five and a half (game) years as Surrey:

Batsmen: I have had some seriously good batting regens, some bought some bred. I have put them into the first team if they merit it, else left them out. I then use batting technique to balance them out and make aggressive. Slight preferences are ok, but I counter act strong preferences. I like to have aggressive or very aggressive batsmen for limited overs, and also because that way I can score 400 in a day, declare, and give my bowlers time. Generally batting has never been a problem.

Bowlers: I like to leave them in the youth side for accuracy training for 1-2 years, and then bring them in on the last year of their contract.

Mate, I read on the official site that general technique works only till the regens are 25 years old and that the other techniques work till the players are 27 years old. The game maker told this himself. Hope that helps.

If it is ICC 2008, give him general technique till he turns 25. Then improve his individual preferences for the next two years. After that switch to batting coaching.

much appreciated it seems to be working on a few of my young batsmen at glamorgan richard grant in particular is improving his average steadily growing but how do you recommend that i train my young bowlers to the same effect:help

General technique till 24. Then watch his balltracker page. If he is not accurate give him accuracy technique for one year. Then for the next year, if you are alright with your bowler who goes for a few runs but takes wickets, give him aggression technique. If you want a bowler who can keep it tight In the Pro40 and T20 competitions, then go for defensive technique. Hope that helps.:)

Mate, I read on the official site that general technique works only till the regens are 25 years old and that the other techniques work till the players are 27 years old. The game maker told this himself. Hope that helps.

Does it stop at 25 or when then turn 26?

If you want to be on the safer side keep going with general technique till he is 26. It just adds a 5% improvement to my batsmen in my experience. But if you want to fine tune their aggression and preferences, stop general technique at 25 and give them rechnique in the respective areas like aggression, off side etc for 2 more years i.e. till they are 27. Then start giving them batting practice till they are useless to your team.

Thanks, I will do that. Does the training work incrementally? And if so, how often? I notice that my county players tend to improve a lot in the new season, so maybe it only happens once a year?

General technique works until a player reaches his peak, usually 27, and other techniques are supposed to work forever.

I had put Yuvraj on aggression technique for 3 seasons and he just became a normal player from a defensive player i.e. neither aggressive nor defensive.

Users who are viewing this thread