Your 3rd shot at redemption

So where were the meaningful arguments. Looks like all of you just pulled out the trump playbook of just yelling.

Not one comment on players primarily preferring the leg side to score runs. Not one player mentioning how you bowling for an hour to a good strategy only yields wickets if the simulation wants you to not because your bowling had any role.

As you can note all that was asked was the option to. Big ant did make big changes including the reverse batting angles. Do you also go to a bowling game and yell at people who use blazers/girders ?

Yes! Im weak, impatient and asking the devs to cater to my need to since all it seems is a toggle and not a whole gameplay mode.

Who and how can you explain the edges? I am totally fine with them being part of the game as it is a big big part in reality but to an ideal shot with ideal timing and ideal footwork?

To the zombie shooter comment? The more succesful zombies games do that. And the ones which cater to your stupid random strategy end up lost in the abyss like left 4 dead. Cod, easily most succesful multiplayer franchise. Stumble on any video and you will see the players develop a strategy to counter zombies from any angle. I dont see bullets being missed simply because they shot one side of its body. Even the zombie game invented the ray gun. Still waiting for a meaningful argument chumps.

Waiting for 1 debate-worthy argument from you fellas.....

The 'debate' has been had ad nauseum in the DBC17 forum for months since release. Everyone is tired of it.

You want a simpler game. Most of the other posters dont. Given no one had played the new game yet, there isn't much to debate yet. Based on the language you're using, it doesn't really sound like you're open to an alternative point of view anyway.

Jolly! Lets wait till the release of the game to post our grievances from the prior versions. Thats what i do when i start a new project too. Launch it and then listen to players reviews from the prev editions

I wasmt part of the discussion in the prev ones so that is a miss on my part. But its a forum....not a q n a session where others are offended of questions to the experts

Jolly! Lets wait till the release of the game to post our grievances from the prior versions. Thats what i do when i start a new project too. Launch it and then listen to players reviews from the prev editions
Ashes Cricket is a new game, technically there are no previous versions ;)

People have been posting their grievances in the DBC17 forum since its release. Might be worth going back and having a read.

As evidenced by his thread being open, there isn't a problem with airing your grievances here. Just don't expect a great deal of meaningful 'debate', because that's already been done.

People have been posting their grievances in the DBC17 forum since its release. Might be worth going back and having a read.

It seems im in a loop here. I could post about an upcoming game in the prev versions forum where it does not belong or Post it in the new games own forum only to be asked to go to the old page. Yes! Its been discussed but isnt it easier then? For the experts/devs to just simply say. " sorry bud, womt be making those changes. Its against our strategy. If you wish to read on it heres the link." A firm answer perhaps

Thats how you could end this thread. Not by users feeble attempts to mock me.

Ashes Cricket is a new game, technically there are no previous versions ;)

Unless we are being promised a whole new mechanism. It is safe to assume it will be very similar to the prev editions.
My argument is valid.

What is the rush to end the forum/thread? Dont we have till ashes cricket game launch to discuss the game?

Thats how you could end this thread. Not by users feeble attempts to mock me.

Just ignore everyone else until Big Ant responds then.

And if it wasn't obvious, bringing up a 13 year old game with pitch markers isn't likely to inspire any meaningful debate.

Nah...cant ignore. Someone needs to stands up for trolls to sit down. They ll start soon again too. Time dofferences in my favor at the moment. Also...if i back out any hope of dev responding goes further down the drain...

Uve been helpful.. but there seems to be a "oh not again" or hush hush attitude as if we are discussing drugs or a taboo topic. Thanks

Uve been helpful.. but there seems to be a "oh not again" or hush hush attitude as if we are discussing drugs or a taboo topic. Thanks

Personally, I just find it very boring discussing Cricket 2004 and a pitch marker for the umpteenth time. Others might be different (e.g. blockerdave below)

You've conveniently ignored that I said accessibility is fine.

The game should have a pick up and bash element and be as accessible to someone looking for a bash as someone wanting to play "serious".

I just think a pitch marker is a dumb way to achieve that and stops it being cricket.

I also think the variable and custom difficulties, alongside the earlier length indicator, went a long way to providing that accessibility in dbc17. Perhaps there's room for improvement but the key is improvement not 13 years of regression.

You've conveniently ignored that I said accessibility is fine.

The game should have a pick up and bash element and be as accessible to someone looking for a bash as someone wanting to play "serious".

I just think a pitch marker is a dumb way to achieve that and stops it being cricket.

Thanks... ok. So no pitch marker. An alternate perhaps? Atleast we are getting somewhere.

The multiple patches and fine tuning had improved the game bugs but severely ignored the gameplay issues themselves. Im ok with having a serious game sometimes too. In my last attempt i began a career with an all rounder and did all the necessary deeds. But being a simulation. Once the game decides its time for you to go....even a fwd devensive shot is bound to get you into trouble.

Moreover with the bowling. While it isnt easy to make an AI difficult and susceptible to bowling strategies which are used in reality such as a few overs of short bowling followed by yorker. Outswings and straighter ones. My only grievance is ive never earned a wicket. Just bowled and bowled and hoped for a the blessed gods to grant me a wicket. And sometimes in batches....for bad balls. But does that make up for the multiple sessions spent.....not always.

So say i tune down the difficulty....i wanna play smash and bash? Try doing that and see how succesful you are when not hitting the leg side primarily. When switched over to harder settings. Yes the precision shots do end up lowering the risk of a nick.....but nicks to the ideal trifecta? Footwork, shot and timing?

Can those be improved perhaps?

You do have same valid points , regarding the fact that the game sometimes just decides "Thats it for you batsman"

But on the very easy difficulties , to smash the ball all over is very very easy to be honest from my own experience. And thats the crux of your request isnt it ?

Warning: The following my sound like a rant, but let me assure you. Im just a lifelong cricket gamer who has bought and unable to keep up with the changes/updates and frustrations of the previous DBC editions and their game engines

Ill try to keep it short. Recently I found an old version of Cricket 2004 and played it on my PC. Dont worry! I blew off the dust on the cd first. But isnt it a shame? That I even had to go there? Its easy to recognize, that games for most are not only a medium of fun, but a stress beater. While its unreal to expect sixes of every ball, well thats the reason isnt it. The fact that I cant do it in reality or the fact I dont see it on TV (unless AB is batting ofc) that I want to replicate it on a game with a Yuvraj Singh.

The previous editions of DBC, as said as I am to admit were far from a game. Being a console gamer who has purchased both versions and the EA, codemasters before and beyond....Even the Brian Lara game, as comical and unreal as it was, well why cant we have an un-real feature.

Let me give you a scenario, bowling good line and length and batting defensively to grow my players momentum in the game to be rewarded as real players do.....i.e wickets only if the batsman or game wishes the batsmen to be out and no part in my efforts or a simple edge/nick or lbw where you could have played an ideal shot with ideal timing with ideal footwork and still gotten out.

Isnt it enough? to have to be watching a competition that lasts 8 hours a day, only to try and change the events or beat some stress or just play a damn game without all the simulation wanna be aspects.

I am aware that there are those who are quite fond of the new changes, Im just suggesting a feature for us oldies where you --see the bowling marker, you get an arc with the batsman towards the direction you are aiming etc, you know back to the good/bad/lazy/rookie old days.

You dont believe me? scroll through your own forums and you will see the batting tips....play on the LEG SIDE exclusively! Really? Is this why I bought the game? to counter my own instincts because a glitch. Why cant we have best of both worlds! Ok maybe my knowledge is limited and 2 engines are not feasible/ possible! Can you add the above mentioned changes and glitches. Im sure Xbox and PS give you records of returning/recurring gamers! do you see a consistent line?

Unless you are Apple who promises a new design loaded with new features but ends up giving you the same pie every year! Despite your/BIG ANT team being successful! I wont be buying the new Ashes game unless MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS in the tactics following DBC are made.

You ain't an oldie if your memory goes back only as far as Cricket 2004. My earliest memory is of Graham Gooch World Class Cricket (1993). The first cricket game I actually played properly was Brian Lara Cricket (1994), followed by Brian Lara Cricket (1996). But if you haven't played Brian Lara International Cricket 1999 you officially ain't an oldie. That game raised the bar so high in terms of 'having fun playing cricket video game' that even Codemaster itself couldn't succeed in surpassing it with their future games in the series.

The worst thing in the old games was the balling marker, btw. Having it back as an option won't be bad but its a fun killer.

Yes, DBC series is not the best of all time. Yes, it has many flaws. Yes, for many of us it isn't as good as the old ones. But, it has been there for us when others simply gave up on cricket games. Its developers reached out to players. They managed the best out of scarce resources. Be appreciative about that. Its not like we have crowd funded the series where we somehow gain rights to demand redemption, rectification, or else our monies back. You don't want to buy from them then just don't.

So say i tune down the difficulty....i wanna play smash and bash? Try doing that and see how succesful you are when not hitting the leg side primarily. When switched over to harder settings.

In rookie you can score runs way too easily and in all parts of the ground not just leg-side, every shot is very easily playable in rookie and easy difficulties.

Other than AI playing instead for you i cant see how much more easier the game can get.

You do have same valid points , regarding the fact that the game sometimes just decides "Thats it for you batsman"

But on the very easy difficulties , to smash the ball all over is very very easy to be honest from my own experience. And thats the crux of your request isnt it ?

i would say that in theory it should be possible to get out despite "perfect" input, to cater for receiving the unplayable magic delivery... but it should be rare, and the feedback (either through commentary or cut scenes showing magic deviation through the air/off the pitch) should leave you in no doubt as to what happened.

If you dont like what ur buying then dont defeats the purpose of even having a discussion forum.

Let me add. Ive even avidly enjoyed the ps1 versions of brian lara/shane warne cricket so the question here isnt whose older.

Back to being too easy.....was the brian lara 2007 easy? Yes while the ball marker and batting arcs were there but the timing window was within milliseconds and not getting it right for an aggressive shot was the difference between a nick or success.

In short all im saying is. How many of you would ever dream of going back to playing the original dbc.. the answer is NONE. Now why is that? Because there is no learning curve. Once the ashes is out, no ones going back to this dbc either. Why would that be?

No ball marker, we have settled that. I do wamna watch you play stupidly aggressive shots while avoiding the leg side even on the easiest difficulty....thats a christmas wish list so people should def stop claiming that its possible.

In short....the easy is not easy and the hard is not hard. There is more dependance on the game trying at its hardest to be random and not actually making the batsman respond to the actual delivery or vice versa when bowling. Is that too much to ask?

A magic delivery? In theory yes but in game....once twice perhaps but as i said earlier. When its time for you to go the games gonna find a way. What about when ur bowling? If ur theory is so well executed in the game have you seen yourself bowling one?

To those who are standing up on behalf of BIG ANT that they listened to us and gave us a game bla bla.... if im not appreciative i wouldnt be spending time here. INVALID.

Users who are viewing this thread