Batting too easy on Hard/Hardest difficulty levels

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I guessing the people who say its too easy havent played the actual top skill level combination. Both of them. There are 2 skill levels. The one you set as you go into matches on the pre match screen is only how hard it is for you to control batting, bowling and fielding. Then there is the overall skill level in the main settings, how good THEY are (Novice, amateur, pro, veteran, legend). They probably played hardest, on amateur level. It goes up to legend + hardest.

And here comes a bloke making assumptions and replying in a thread without even bothering to read the thread's OP or bothering to view the video in the thread's OP... :facepalm

Seriously what part of the following (taken from this very thread's OP) is not comprehensible????
"And last you can see the conditions - Green & soft pitch in overcast condition, i.e. the most challenging for batting especially on the first morning of a Test on 'Legend' AI difficulty level."

Or if Reading & Comprehension is not your thing what part of the video which showed the match setup is not easy to view? I respect different point of views and I may agree to disagree in some cases like the discussion I've had with @WealeyH in a couple of threads but surely when people come on here and comment without even bothering to read or view the thread's OP, what value add to they really bring to the table and how do they really expect their views to be taken seriously?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I was playing a test yesterday and declared on 735-6. Too easy, I thought. In the 2nd innings I was late on everything and was all out for 260. It was chalk and cheese and I still can't figure out why. May have been something to do with changing the difficulty during the game but the settings didn't "stick" until I rebooted my console. I don't know. Confusing the hell out of me.

Whenever you suspect the modifiers may not be working, do the following as that's the easiest option I was able to find...

Pause the game and go to Settings-> Gameplay Modifiers and change 'Ball Marker Display Time' to say 40 or 50 (i.e. a big enough number you can see the difference right away). Then resume the game. if you are able to view the ball marker a lot earlier than previous deliveries then modifiers should be working... unless only a few modifiers take effect and others don't. If that's the case then there's no point of tweaking the modifiers as you can never be sure which are working and at what point.

Last edited:

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yup, no matter what settings you use edges are absent for human batting facing fast bowlers, as I did edge spinners while driving

D

Deleted member 46200

Haha I am not that great at the game at all

Definitely from Sydney, greatest place to live!

Definitely from , greatest place to live
Ironically I am really struggling against spin bowling. Any tips? I can't even get bat on ball.
Tuck your bat under your arm and walk with grace and class... Just don't look back... Disappointment will find you.

Timing is the common sense answer.

Hester

County Cricketer
Whenever you suspect the modifiers may not be working, do the following as that's the easiest option I was able to find...

Pause the game and go to Settings-> Gameplay Modifiers and change 'Ball Marker Display Time' to say 40 or 50 (i.e. a big enough number you can see the difference right away). Then resume the game. if you are able to view the ball marker a lot earlier than previous deliveries then modifiers should be working... unless only a few modifiers take effect and others don't. If that's the case then there's no point of tweaking the modifiers as you can never be sure which are working and at what point.

That's a good idea. Although I don't usually play with the ball marker on, it's a good way to check if the modifiers are impacting. Will try.

kulch

Club Captain
Also if you ramp up the bowling Max to 75 the quicks bowl 190+kph on the speedo. Another way to check if the sliders work

B

Bigby Wolf

I usually play on default legend match difficulty with hardest batting hitting sixes is way too tough for me on that played a t20 match ai 184 in 20 overs and got all out for 72 in chasing that target.
Although tried the modifiers setting similar to the video by @cricket_online of the very first post in this thread the other modifier doesn't seem to have any impact if the timing window was pushed to early values above 28 or 30 or even more hitting sixes was way easy smashed 82 runs in 4 overs without loosing any wicket. I found the default settings much better and challenging to play with timing window late as possible and reacting instinctively to play on its merit much like we had in DBC 14 and to some extent even 17.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Just reporting in, that it seems that the Online Mode on Legend Difficulty seems to be much more in line where it is supposed to be difficulty wise.

Will test it more , but doesnt seem massively overpowered , maybe just a small tweak needed .Seems one big isssue is the inability to play any shot to medium bowler certain short balls , and then the Lofted Cuts still ending up around extra Cover region.

Just havent had enough games Online against the rest of the SAFFA`s, as the damn F1 2017 is getting too much attention from all.

In Terms of the "Nicking" off issue that apparently exists Offline , this also didnt seem to be a problem Online , it just looks that certain pitch types will not produce edges by the small bit of testing we did.

Dean johnes

Club Captain
People who think batting is easy sounds strange.
T20
20 overs of medium pace with all bowling with batsman want to really see how much they score any mode.
I just have a smile when I read batting is too easy.
Actually it's easy with ai not online.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
People who think batting is easy sounds strange.
T20
20 overs of medium pace with all bowling with batsman want to really see how much they score any mode.
I just have a smile when I read batting is too easy.
Actually it's easy with ai not online.
Yes its very enjoyable to score 400 in a T20 match because you know the real life teams do it all the time? Idiot

The batting is too easy, the balacne between bat and ball is off period.

Scotsman1975

School Cricketer
First batting score (test, pro difficulty, batting medium) 211

Then I bumped it up to batting hard 65 for timing, foot placement and 40 for marker timer and I scored 95 all out! Lots of catches, LBWs and bowled. So batting is not too easy for me! I find if I try and hit sixes on this difficulty, if u get timing wrong it'll be a catch so there is risk/reward there.

On medium difficulty 6's can be scored pretty easily, but you'll get out pretty quickly if you spam it on higher difficulties.

What I'm not seeing are nicks and catches behind. I get them when I'm bowling to AI but not when batting.

I'm not the greatest at this game by the way. Don't play very often so that's maybe why I'm struggling with batting. I can see better players find batting too easy, especially the power shot, but it's fine for less skilled players

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To me “batting is too easy” is simply because there’s no edges. I know I can change the slider settings but it’s almost pointless if there are no edges when I’m batting.

kulch

Club Captain
Batting is easier. I got my first career ton after 3 matches in AC. In DBC14 and DBC17 it took seasons. And this was using default difficulty (no sliders). Now I have to use sliders to get the same challenge. And I'm still trying to find that DBC14 tune

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
If batting feels easy why not bump the AI difficulty to legend and Batting to hard or hardest..

Users who are viewing this thread