Your Cricket Your best moment at the pitch.

My best was first ball after a drinks break hadnt bowled all day and the opposition were somthing like 2 for 120, first ball was the perfect outswinger thin edge straight to the keeper

I cant think of my best moment but my worst was a team needed ten off the last over and i bowled five balls for three they needed seven off one ball and the ball slipped an he hit a chest high full toss for four then hit me for four off the last ball.

Heartbreak:eek:

Last edited:
My best moment at the pitch would be getting 5 wickets in the last 15 minutes of the match to give our team an outright win

My Best moment At the pitch When I & My Friend Added 25 runs for the last wicket ..
I Scored 14(10 Balls) with 3 Boundaries & My Friend Scored 11 Runs

Those Runs were Helpful for our team because we won the match by 3 runs with 7.2 Overs Remaining...

Last edited:
One of two:
1. Taking 4 wickets for 1 run to reduce a team to 15 all out.
2. Not going to mention this one because it was in Wisden, and true cricket nuts would recognise it.

You are in Wisden :eek: Come on you gotta give us a hint... (Just tell it already :p)

I can't think of a best moment at the pitch. Probably when I got my friend out caught and bowled in a match I took 3 wickets in. He just tried to work it on the legside, but got a leading edge which nearly caught me off guard but I held onto it. I do have a tendency of getting friends out :p back in U14's a few seasons ago, my friend Jono was asked to play for the other team and I got him out and then the other weekend, playing on turf for the first time, I got one of my other friends out. :p

Also just had the best week in the field atm so I would say this was my best fielding moment. I was fielding at a shortish midwicket to cut off the single and their best batsman (we couldn't get this first wicket) played it on the onside and I moved a bit to the left and dived and just got to the ball while they called for a quick single and while on the ground, had one stump to aim at and made an awkward through which hit the stumps to run him out. Then we completely ripped through the rest of the lineup to bowl them out for 139 and I ended up taking 2 good catches at point, one dipping right at the last moment and just managed to get my fingers under it and then the last wicket which was hit short of me but I didn't read it and thought it would carry then I ran in made the dive and made a great catch. Too bad I got hit for a six and four in my only over before I was taken off otherwise it would have been an excellent day.

Probably would be bowling my best friend, off stump, 3rd ball of the match. perfect out-swinging yorker. Took three more wickets in the next 4 overs with a broken finger on my left hand. Great moment, great day. :)

I once smashed 42 off an over as well. Total 43 off it because of the no-ball.
Story: JohnC's Team: 169-5 Target 215 Need 46 off 12 Balls
JohnC on strike at 58*= Ball 1: N.B+Massive about 125m from the bat over long on.:eek:
Ball 2: Over long on again(what can I say? I love to slog waaaaaay over long on)
Ball 3: Over long on again Ball 4: Over long off this time. Ball 5: Crashed with a sweep Ball 6: Crashed with a reverse-sweep Ball 7: Very Lucky! The ball almost hit the pads plump in front when I tried to R.S. But It hit the Bat and went for Six. JohnC's 4th 40-Over Century! Need 3 off 6!:D:D:D:p

When in a T20 match We had to defend 135 on a beauty batting track. I opened the bowling a got 5-12 but we lost the match by 1 wicket

I once smashed 42 off an over as well. Total 43 off it because of the no-ball.
Story: JohnC's Team: 169-5 Target 215 Need 46 off 12 Balls
JohnC on strike at 58*= Ball 1: N.B+Massive about 125m from the bat over long on.:eek:
Ball 2: Over long on again(what can I say? I love to slog waaaaaay over long on)
Ball 3: Over long on again Ball 4: Over long off this time. Ball 5: Crashed with a sweep Ball 6: Crashed with a reverse-sweep Ball 7: Very Lucky! The ball almost hit the pads plump in front when I tried to R.S. But It hit the Bat and went for Six. JohnC's 4th 40-Over Century! Need 3 off 6!:D:D:D:p

Why do you write about yourself in the 3rd person?

I was playing my first match with the big boys that are my friends now. They were so overconfident of whatever they could do; be it batting, bowling or fielding.

In the very first match, I hit a century (114 to be precise). Their faces were worth a watch. I still remember their reaction after me smashing a century. It still makes me laugh at them. :D

Two things come to mind (keep in mind I'm not the best bowler or batsman, but I've improved since these incidents).

1. Being entrusted with the final over of a match with the opposition needing 8 runs to win. It was a backyard match, with 8 guys per side. At least 7 guys would bowl (the idea was that the keeper wouldn't bowl but in the first innings the opposition switched keepers so he got an over...unfair!). Anyway, we were expecting that we'd do the same. Then the captain tossed the ball to me and was like, "Nothing on the legs, bowl it full, put it just outside off stump."

I wasn't particularly sober, but I remember intercepting one off to my right and throwing it at the non-striker's end to run out one batsman, then bowling good enough to restrict them. It was great.

2. Another backyard match with not enough fielders, so we decided that if you hit the ball in certain areas, you'd score a certain amount of runs. Fours would touch the fence, and sixes would go over the fence. The aim was to have the highest score. When it was my turn to bat, I hit 6 consecutive fours before hitting a six and getting out (backyard cricket rules - you lose the ball, you're out and have fun looking for it).

One guy scored 50 and retired out, but everyone talked about my onslaught for the rest of the day.

My best moments were in the backyard fo sho!

We had a smallish backyard, had those old KFC blow up 'fielders'. Had Symmo, Clarkey and Hussey out there. One person bowling, one batting, one fielding/keeping. Windows on the full out, over fence out, knicked behind (when auto-keeping on..when the 3rd person was in the field) out, hitting any of the KFC 'fielders' out.

So you had to play well to get a fifty! We normally taped half the ball. I'd bowl a bit of pace but usually got wickets with my offies. I could turn it like Murali.. Batting more then 30 deliveries was rare so hundreds were hard to come by!!

Users who are viewing this thread