Your best or most stupid dismissals?

My most frustrating is when I mistime a shot, and even though I think the ball will land safely, some superman fielder will defy all odds to pull out a one handed catch while diving backwards! Ugh... But while bowling, the satisfaction is enough to make up for it.

I still do this - even though it is embarassing :facepalm :

I hit the ball reasonably well and my brain goes "Great Hit! Run!"

BUT my eyes can see it's going straight towards a fielder and I still push the bloody run button!

Result - run out... again and again and again.

It's like my thumb has a life of its own.

I played a forward defensive shot to a short ball earlier and it flew to the fielder who took 2 or 3 steps forward from mid off to take the catch. It was raining at the time which had something to do with it.

I've had a forward defensive caught by a short-leg fielder before which seemed a little odd. It was played early and a little uppish and the guy just dived across the pitch and caught the ball. I don't know if its something that you see in actual cricket, but I suppose if you did you'd always have a short leg in...

Played an airborn shot that hit my partner at the non strikers end on his helmet, bounced and got caught by a fielder.
Very unlucky!

I once hit the ball onto silly points shoe, then it flew into the bowlers hand! Quite amusing but still frustrating. :(

Just got to 56*off 33 in a pro 40 game, and the umpire signalled no ball. So next ball I try to whack out of the country...

Except I'm then given out caught on deep mid wicket boundary.. no problem, it was a no ball previous ball, so this must be a free hit...

oh.. I'm out? Damn.

You only get the free hit for a front foot no ball, iirc. For a height no ball it's just a regular repeat delivery.

You only get the free hit for a front foot no ball, iirc. For a height no ball it's just a regular repeat delivery.

There was a cut scene of the bowler's front footover the line, so I'd assumed it was a front foot no ball.

Commentary didn't say free hit mind, so it's possible that the previous ball being a bouncer was called no-ball for that reason..

You'll know if it's a free hit or not because the umpire will do his twiddly arm signal (which always makes me laugh :)) and also...it will say ''Free Hit''.

just chilling in the crease not running when wk comes and runs into me which literally pushes me out of the crease and runs me out..
am like wtfffff lol!!

Career mode: Paused the game, (accidentally unpaused it, without realizing), went to the loo, came back after 10 mins... Realized i had not paused the game, but was amazed to find that i had survived 3 overs without playing a single shot... Looked to the heavens, thanked God for my luck... Resumed playing... Got bowled 1st balll...

Got a low full toss on the pads off the spinner, smashed it to the legside using lofted shot.

Silly mid on dived up and across (think goalkeeper saving in the top right hand corner) and plucked the ball out of mid air around about in line with short leg...

Edit: never mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread