Your best/tightest finish

sharp7

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Whether it was the last ball six that won you the match, last over of the match, or even the super over finish. Share your most exciting match.

Last edited:
Mmm not sure we really need this but we will see how it rolls for a couple of days.....by the way it is tightest not thightest.......

I think this thread will be good after patch#2 as the current AI is not that good or smart to have close matches....But possible in Online matches though..

Mmm not sure we really need this but we will see how it rolls for a couple of days.....by the way it is tightest not thightest.......

Yeah, just noticed the spelling error. How do I edit the title?

----------

I think this thread will be good after patch#2 as the current AI is not that good or smart to have close matches....But possible in Online matches though..

When is the patch 2 coming?

Edit the 1st post. There is an option down at the 1st post. Click on Edit, then you will see Title renaming field. Save it.

I've actually had one or 2 humdingers in career mode, where my career player is only involved right at the end, had to bowl 2 of the last 4 overs of a 1 day game, they ended up needing 8 off the last over which I bowled, first ball went for 4... then got caught on the boundary the next ball and clean bowled the number 11 with the 3rd ball to win the match by 3 runs

And you people thought the 'can you bat for both teams?' thread had the best possible name.

And you people thought the 'can you bat for both teams?' thread had the best possible name.

I propose a new thread titled "AI doesn't bat long and deep" to reflect the AI batting bug...

I've had plenty of close matches.. a lot of games that ended with about 2 or 3 runs difference when I was simming the final overs, so didn't actually get to play through them unfortunately.

Closest one I played in was in one of my careers as a all round batter leg spin bowler. It was the finals for the one day Aussie season in my first year, I didn't even know it was the finals actually (they really need to draw more attention to this fact when you don't have the commentary sound on), was playing through the game. Came to the last over (once again, didn't even realise at the start that it was the final over), just bowled tight line and length, only went for the 1 run by the 4th ball. After I delivered the 5th ball I noticed that it was the last over, and that the score was tied with them on their 8th wicket. So, I freaked out a bit.. bowled my tightest ball I could, the batsman went to smash it past me and I managed to take a diving catch to get him out.

Nek-minit, trophey is being raised.. by the opposite team as they won on count back.. I thought I'd snared the win but instead I lost our team the trophey.

Also, on my pure batsman career, the first year T20 final was won on countback as well, didn't involve my team though, but I did think to look at the result.

Haven't yet won any titles for my selected career teams, but batting first in a T20 we got to a healthy 160 odd by over 19 and I realised I was on 87 with an over to go, so I had a sniff at a T20 hundred...

AI faces the first two balls, infuriatingly blocking the first ball, hitting four on the second then, mis-timing the third I just bash run and dive to get in and on strike... Three balls for the hundred... First ball goes for four, takes me through to 91. Second ball... Goes for a streaky four just going wide of deep fine leg. So six needed off the last ball for the hundred and change... and... Completely miss it, wide and short outside off but it's called a no-ball! So it's a free hit for the hundred... I can't believe it, bowler runs in and, I edge it to the keeper, click run and he throws at the stumps, missing and it rolls out towards the boundary on the on-side where there's only two fielders in the deep, I come back for the third but it's game over. I finish on 98 not out and it's a bittersweet win and MOTM award.

So close...

I will post up the picture after i take one of the scorecard, but in my career i just won by 1 run and took the last wicket. I was jumping up and down! Best moment. I think I finished with figures of 3-19 in 7.4 overs and had two run outs in my overs. Couldn't believe when that happened :D

I had a pretty sweet domestic 50 over match where my team was like 24/5 at one point and my teamates were just collapsing so I basically just hogged the strike because I could see I couldn't trust them to stay in. When the 50 partnership came up my partner was still on 0 runs, anyway I ended up getting 107 and taking us too a reasonable but low score but then the stupid captain didn't get me to bowl until the chasing team had like 25 runs to win with 5 wickets remaining, it sucked just seeing the runs pile up and by the time I actually got to bowl I thought the game was pretty much over but I just implemented plans for each batsman and put pressure on them by stopping them from scoring runs eventually they would make mistakes and got out, so I ended taking the 5 remaining wickets with 5 runs to spare.

Users who are viewing this thread