Zimbabwe Premier League 21 - New Season

I would like to point out that unlike popular belief Sunil Narine has not been banned to bowl altogether. He was banned only from the CLT20 final. ICC has not banned him for chucking. His action is perfectly valid and cleared to play for any team.

You are absolutely correct. It sounds like his quicker ball was the main problem.

I just had a look for some recent information, and all I could find was a article saying that he was named in the West Indies' thirty man squad.

Do you know what he has been doing since he was left out of the squad that toured India?

Did he get officially tested, or has he been altering his action at all?

I get the feeling that if he had played an International match after being called in the CLT20, he would of been called by the ICC. :)

You are absolutely correct. It sounds like his quicker ball was the main problem.

I just had a look for some recent information, and all I could find was a article saying that he was named in the West Indies' thirty man squad.

Do you know what he has been doing since he was left out of the squad that toured India?

Did he get officially tested, or has he been altering his action at all?

I get the feeling that if he had played an International match after being called in the CLT20, he would of been called by the ICC. :)

Narine was advised by the WICB to cut down his faster one and work on it till he is convinced it is perfectly under the rules. That was done as a precautionary measure so that he does not get banned for illegal action. I have no information on whether he has worked on his action back home or not but what I do know is he had worked on his action about 3 years ago and was cleared by ICC back then. That being said, his action might have changed over the span of 3 years. He has not played a competitive match after the CLT20 semifinal either but as one can gather from the following quote from the WICB forum, the ban was not put into effect by ICC and he is still a valid man to represent the WI.

West Indies off-spinner Sunil Narine has been banned from bowling in the finals of the Champions League T20 tournament on Saturday. But his suspension will not affect the mystery spinner’s participation in the West Indies One-day International series in India, starting next week.

This was confirmed yesterday by CEO of the West Indies Cricket Board, Michael Muirhead.

“It’s a domestic tournament that he has been called in. He has not been called in an ICC tournament and technically it would not affect his participation,” Muirhead told the Express yesterday.

Narine was advised by the WICB to cut down his faster one and work on it till he is convinced it is perfectly under the rules. That was done as a precautionary measure so that he does not get banned for illegal action. I have no information on whether he has worked on his action back home or not but what I do know is he had worked on his action about 3 years ago and was cleared by ICC back then. That being said, his action might have changed over the span of 3 years. He has not played a competitive match after the CLT20 semifinal either but as one can gather from the following quote from the WICB forum, the ban was put into effect by ICC and he is still a valid man to represent the WI.

Brilliant! Thank you for the information. Well that removes my concerns about him, so I will allow him to bowl in this season of the ZPL. :)

southernrocks2-png.135609

2ylae4k.jpg

SixerBoy11 made a logo for you as well. I'll let you make the decision @Umair2000

2ylae4k.jpg

Home Logo :)

southernrocks2-png.135609

Away Logo :)

Flower Please :)

can i also have other coaches :D

Users who are viewing this thread