Transfers Window Zimbabwe Premier League 21 - Trade Windows Open

Maybe you should blame the Curran brothers, they might be cursed. They have played in two One Day finals for Surrey, and lost both.

Well I will try to lift that curse in the upcoming season :)!

Awards:

Heath Streak Medal Winner:
(Best Local Player)

Sikandar Raza - Mountaineers

Raza wins the award again, after another terrific all-round season. With the help of Dhoni he could be relied upon to chase down a target, when the top order were out. He was the perfect sixth bowler on any pitch, taking wickets or restricting the flow of runs.

Andy Flower Medal Winner: (Best Manager(s))

ABDULLAH & CerealKiller - Mountaineers

This was a tough decision, but ABDULLAH & CerealKiller worked together really well, their decisions worked well, and they also managed their Academy team very well; allowing players to develop, and be better prepared for the top level.

Grant Flower Medal Winner:
(Best Overseas Player)

Angelo Mathews - Mid West Rhinos

Nearly scoring 400 runs during a season, and also taking 21 wickets was a big achievement; but what further adds to his season is that he opened the bowling, and when he scored runs in the middle order, he not only built partnerships - but pushed his team to victory.

Luke Jongwe Medal Winner: (Best Rookie)

Herbert Chikomba - Mashonaland Eagles

Chikomba played every match for the Eagles this season, and was a shining light with the ball, during some of the most difficult times for the Eagles. he became part of a strong spin attack, by the end of the season.

Edward Byrom Medal Winner: (Best Academy Player)

Brad Evans -
Mountaineers

Brad Evans was rewarded for some very good bowling, when he was elevated to the Mountaineers first team. During the second match he looked much more comfortable at the top level, and showed that he could contribute to his teams success. He remained in the side, and was a key part in helping the Mountaineers win the Grand Final.

I always knew that the total we posted was very low on a wicket that is completely a batting track. Its unfortunate for us to lose the final but we played quite well throughout the running of the league. Our both the teams i.e, Academy team and ZPL team both reached the finals where we lost both of them. Hope we can comeback strong in the next season.

It was great to co-manage with @Umair2000 and yet again all credit goes to @CaptainCremer for his fantastic organization of the league.

Congrats to @CerealKiller and @ABDULLAH for winning ZPL league and @Saroj padhy for winning Academy league.

Thanks. :)

Zimbabwe Premier League XI

:saf: :wk: Quinton de Kock - Mountaineers
:zim: :bat: Craig Ervine - Southern Rocks
:aus: :bat: Steven Smith :c: - Southern Rocks
:zim: :ar: Sikandar Raza :bwl: - Mountaineers
:sri: :ar: Angelo Mathews :bwl: - Mid West Rhinos
:zim: :bat: Tarisai Musakanda - Triangle Tigers
:zim: :ar: Sean Williams :bwl: - Matabelaland Tuskers
:aus: :ar: Hilton Cartwright* :bwl: - Triangle Tigers
:eng: :ar: Tom Curran* :bwl: - Southern Rocks
:zim: :ar: Donald Tiripano :bwl: - Mountaineers
:saf: :bwl: Imran Tahir :bwl: - Mountaineers

12th man: :nzf: :bat: Martin Guptill - Matabelaland Tuskers

*Zimbabwean overseas locals

Grant Flower Medal Winner: (Best Overseas Player)

Angelo Mathews - Mid West Rhinos

Nearly scoring 400 runs during a season, and also taking 21 wickets was a big achievement; but what further adds to his season is that he opened the bowling, and when he scored runs in the middle order, he not only built partnerships - but pushed his team to victory.
Nice.
Zimbabwe Premier League XI

:saf: :wk: Quinton de Kock - Mountaineers
:zim: :bat: Craig Ervine - Southern Rocks
:aus: :bat: Steven Smith :c: - Southern Rocks
:zim: :ar: Sikandar Raza :bwl: - Mountaineers
:sri: :ar: Angelo Mathews :bwl: - Mid West Rhinos

:zim: :bat: Tarisai Musakanda - Triangle Tigers
:zim: :ar: Sean Williams :bwl: - Matabelaland Tuskers
:aus: :ar: Hilton Cartwright* :bwl: - Triangle Tigers
:eng: :ar: Tom Curran* :bwl: - Southern Rocks
:zim: :ar: Donald Tiripano :bwl: - Mountaineers
:saf: :bwl: Imran Tahir :bwl: - Mountaineers
Once again Nice.
Lol.. No one from Eagles in the ZPL XI.
Lol I was going to post only one from us but now after seeing your post I will say "Yes at-least one."

Thought to pass by this thread

And ........ saw two players from my team , representing Zimbabwe Premier League XI :)

Yes. Would like to continue...

Users who are viewing this thread