Post Line-ups Zimbabwe Premier League 21 - Week 2 / ZAL Week 1

YES, we won. We deserve it after an impeccable season. Ballance with the bat set it up, after Mahela's early wicket. And Pietersen finished the job off. The bottom order did crumble a little, but hey ho, you can't have everything you wish for. The bowling was great on an excellent track. My decision to keep Umar Gul in the line-up paid off and we won. AB De Villiers was the only major resistance, but cricket is not a one man game. :)

Great league Ben, well run and managed.

YES, we won. We deserve it after an impeccable season. Ballance with the bat set it up, after Mahela's early wicket. And Pietersen finished the job off. The bottom order did crumble a little, but hey ho, you can't have everything you wish for. The bowling was great on an excellent track. My decision to keep Umar Gul in the line-up paid off and we won. AB De Villiers was the only major resistance, but cricket is not a one man game. :)

Great league Ben, well run and managed.

Congratulations! It was a well deserved victory. You managed the team very well. Was surprised how well Staddon & Matanga did; I suppose with the other players doing well, it made it easier for them. The Eagles have good depth in their squad, so I expect them to do well again next season :)

Next we have the African Cup; I will post a Zimbabwe Premier League XI later today, so you can all suggest any changes, if needed. :)

This season the winner of this league will play the winner of the Afrikan Premier League. So you can all look forward to that! :D

Mashonaland Eagles deserved to win at the end, a superb ton by Ballance who justified his selection of being picked in the first round of the draft.

Well done, Swirler for another excellent season and Nabhan for winning it. :thumbs

It's great that he's in the ZPL. I Won't be able to include him, when he eventually plays for England. :(

Zimbabwe Premier League XI:

Kumar Sangakkara :c: :wk: :os: (MWR)
Gary Ballance (ME)
Virat Kohli :os: (SR)
Mohammad Hafeez :bwl: :os: (ME)
Brendan Taylor (MT)
Stuart Matsikenyeri (MWR)
Hamilton Masakadza :bwl: (MB)
Prince Masvaure :bwl: (MTN)
Tinotenda Mutombodzi :bwl: (MB)
Natsai Mushangwe :bwl: (MB)
Saeed Ajmal :bwl: :os: (MTN)​

This is what I've decided on; Let me know if you think someone is more deserving of a place. Just went with how players went in the round-robin matches. (Ignored how players went in the finals matches) Hafeez & Watson had very similar statistics, but Hafeez were slightly better, so included him. If I'd included finals stats, to help decide players: Kevin Pietersen would of placed Kohli, Goodwin would of replaced Matsikenyeri & Shingi replacing Masvaure. (who is a surprise inclusion) Just didn't think it was fair on the players, that didn't get a chance to play as many games. Finally I tried to keep players, in the position where they batted for there own team. :)

128294.1.jpg

Terry Duffin has retired

Terry Duffin may have played his last match in the ZPL; after retiring from all forms of cricket.
He was one of the most senior & experienced players, still playing in Zimbabwe's domestic competition.
He will be missed by both the Mountaineers and ZPL.​

I think your best XI look pretty good, and well balanced.

Looking forward to playing the winner of the African League :)

128563.1.jpg

Ray Price Retires

It's a sad day for Zimbabwe cricket, with one it's most successful & experienced players, leaving the game. Unfortunately he didn't get the send-off he deserved. I know it won't be the same, but I'll try and give him a good bye, during this season. He will now be working full-time at the Harare sports equipment shop, and I certainly hope he remains involved with Zimbabwe cricket for a long time, in the years a head.​

Last edited:
Its feels good to be back :)

Price , Duffin and Lamb all are gone who is next Ballance

I'm currently looking for a manager for the Mountaineers & Eagles. If you're interested could you please post a message to let me know. I will be selecting people that I feel are active & experienced enough to manage the teams. Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread