Zimbabwe Triangular Series 2010

P

pcfan123

wow really? every single one?

When will the ICC start laying fines down? thats one thing I liked about IPL, when they fined someone, they fined the ████ out of them. ICC needs to do the same thing to home boards for crap pitches.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
too early to say that, let's play them some more series first.
it might be early but atleast they've earned the right to play test cricket.

Mike23 added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

fling no :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm we don't need another noob country giving freebies to everyone they play (primarily India and SL).
Then how will they improve?

Mike23 added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

but then bangladesh would have someone they could actually beat :yes
yeah that's true.

Mike23 added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

wow really? every single one?
When will the ICC start laying fines down? thats one thing I liked about IPL, when they fined someone, they fined the ████ out of them. ICC needs to do the same thing to home boards for crap pitches.
Yeah that was the sad part of this series. But if the ICC are to fine SL (since the Premadasa stadium is know for 'win the toss win the match') they'd go bankrupt and then we'll be looking at more matches against india to earn revenue (not that we don't already).

Mike23 added 3 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Not really, Sri Lanka took about 15 years to win the world cup after Test status, Zim are no where close to winning an ODI WC.

Bangla are coming close to 10 years in Test cricket, I doubt they will be anywhere close to the 1996 Sri Lankan side in 5 years
But they've show glimpses of sheer brilliance, hope they turn out to be a good side in a few years time.

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
You could probably argue a similar thing with Sri Lanka :sarcasm

Which would make it a chasing teams' tournament, wouldn't make me wrong, so your point is...........................? :sarcasm Bear in mind noone is questioning SRI LANKA's right to play Test cricket......................... :p

You'll find Test cricket requires you to take wickets and you won't always bat second, not that batting second is necessarily an advantage like it was in this series where EVERY team that batted second won, which rather makes it a naff tournament. Gives India and their fans an excuse for losing though :laugh It's not as if some/most of them were close, all won by 6-9 wicket margins.

Owzat added 11 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

but then bangladesh would have someone they could actually beat :yes

If they actually could...................... :D

Sri Lanka becoming a Test nation was a bit before my time, I didn't follow cricket back then so I don't know if they deserved their status. Zimbabwe had a decent side back in 1992, they had a very good set of players until politics took over, but still didn't quite have enough strength to be beating sides regularly, even at home. But Bangladesh don't look much better a side than when they were (wrongly in my opinion) given Test status. They've given chucker plenty of Test wickets, he won't grumble about their status

But that said, I'm all for a restructure and introduction of more sides to play Test cricket in a tier system. Cricket is up its own Rs regards Test's exclusive "by invitation" set up only. Let's make it a global sport, have more interest raised in (non-white) Africa and Europe, even non-sub continental Asia and South America by raising the profile. Sure some have a quasi ODI side, but I don't watch much cricket not involving England so why would other countries want to watch TV coverage that doesn't cover their side? Even if said coverage were only highlights, it would be a better way of spreading the sport. Watching England grind out a regulation win over Bangladesh won't sell the sport to anyone, nor will flat pitches (but that's more down to ICC/individual boards' greed)

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
What a boring cricket match it was.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Luckily India won the game. Good job by our spinners, especially Ojha. Ashwin and Chawla were good backups. I think we have a better spin department now than pace (we might be getting back to the old days when spin is our strength and our pace bowlers just help in getting the spinners warmed up and ready to go). We have Ojha, Mishra, Ashwin, Chawla along with Harbhajan.

Finally Yusuf did something of note. Still, I back the selectors to completely sack him. I hate him completely. Wish we can win the next game too and win the T20 series (funnily, T20 is where Zim have an even better chance of beating us but they beat us twice in ODI's).

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

What a boring cricket match it was.

Yeah, it would have been more interesting if we had lost, with all the comments on how India's future is not so bright and how we will struggle without the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, etc of whom atleast two of them dont even play the shorter formats.:sarcasm

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
The only thing I have to say...Ojha should've been awarded Man of the Match. Really good stuff from Ojha.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I wish they retain Ojha in the T20 and ODI team even if its at the expense of Jadeja. Ojha is a more attacking bowler and be economical too when needed. Already we have a 'I will only be economical and not take wickets' Harbhajan with his darts to the batsmen. And they can get Ashwin in if they want a bowler who can bat a bit (Ashwin scored 38 in his ODI debut vs Zimbabwe).

SaiSrini added 0 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

The only thing I have to say...Ojha should've been awarded Man of the Match. Really good stuff from Ojha.

Who was the MOM then?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
We will not miss Laxman. There is no one yet I have seen who cab replace Tendulkar and Dravid in test squad.

ODIs we are OK side and will continue to suck in T20.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Who was the MOM then?

Yusuf...played a good knock, but no real pressure. In comparison, Ojha's spell was the most economical for an Indian in international T20s.

I don't think we'll have a real problem at Test level...batsman-wise. There are too many good domestic players...all of them can't be bad at international cricket.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Boring Another T20 Match. 5 Overs 16/1.

India Again Playing 3 Spinners So It Will Get More Slow.

120-130 Will Be Comparative After Seeing What Happened when India where 4 down for 50 odd runs.

If that happens today while chasing 130-140 then..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Finally, Vijay comes good in an international T20 with a good 46. Still he needs lot of work before he plays top flight international cricket consistently. Being a pre-dominantly leg side player, he has opened up a weakness that will always be exploited by the opposition. Hope he works on it. Once Sehwag and Gambhir are back, he has to make way for sure.

Nice to end with two wins in T20 where we have been absolutely awful in recent times. I thought Zimbabwe had a better chance in T20's with it being a fickle format, but feels good that India won both games. But all 9 games on this tour won by the side batting second?:(

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Batting Second = Win...