10th Match: England vs New Zealand at Jo'Burg

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
England better not lose this match that badly. I've got a feeling the semi-finals could turn out into matches of Pakistan vs New Zealand and Australia vs England.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Fine innings from Guptil, just a shame he couldn't see New Zealand home.

Brook

Club Captain
Got to say this is what I was worried about, it's still too big a gap for comfort.

PS It's getting pretty tense, the middle order has crumbled.

New Zealand have more runs than England did when they were 9 down.

Last edited:

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Seriously, Bopara needs to be dropped. He is contributing nothing, in the field, with the ball and most importantly with the bat.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Tbh this is pretty much the ideal result. Would have liked a win but i'm happy to take a defeat if it means New Zealand go through.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah good point guys, i'd rather play New Zealand than Sri Lanka again on a different pitch.

My point about Bopara still stands though, he just does not look interested any more. Give him a break.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Get rid of Bopara and Shah I say. They're likely to give away more runs in the field than they make with the bat. Yeah yeah I know Shah made 98 the other day and well done to him, but i'd much rather we used other better batsmen.

And kudos to Morgan too. He kept tidily today which deserves a pat on the back for a non-keeper.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
NZ needs to fix its middle order bad. 2 games in a row, after a great start from the openers the middle order should finish the job, you cant have Vettori 40's every time

Brook

Club Captain
NZ needs to fix its middle order bad. 2 games in a row, after a great start from the openers the middle order should finish the job, you cant have Vettori 40's every time

Well if they bring in Redmond to open and drop Hopkins, moving Guptill down to 3, that should be better.

Also Vettori's practically an All-Rounder, he's part of the batting line-up. I'd expect some scores.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Taylor had to have an off day sooner or later, Elliott needs to step up, don't think Hopkins will ever be much use. Shakey win but the Kiwis got there with plenty of time to spare.

Users who are viewing this thread