TAOC Alpha Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about making an Youtube video saying "Please go to Theartofcricket.net".
If it is okay with you guys that is.

I too, think the game website needs a facelift. Have a look at HostNine - Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Dedicated Servers - 877-251-HOST

I know its two different types of websites but the general feel of that website is so eye catching. Everything nicely sorted into neat, blocks. A good website can go wonders for this game, especially with the kind of attitude people have (which JK and Chetan have described).

One thing i like about these videos was the bowling action especially the fast bowler one. Better than ashes cricket bowling run ups. I want to see the yorker. :)

Who did the animation part?

One thing i like about these videos was the bowling action especially the fast bowler one. Better than ashes cricket bowling run ups. I want to see the yorker. :)

Who did the animation part?

thanks a lot.

i did them...frame by frame....no mo-cap or anything..:(

i did them...frame by frame....no mo-cap or anything..:(

You've done a fantastic work..

I am thinking of a punchline for The Art of Cricket..

"what it meant to be"..

OR

"Dedication at its best" as C.Gayle said.. :clap:clap:clap:clap

and another reason why TAOC will beat everyone in terms of gameplay.
the marker is for the straight ball...more like a reference. so if its swinging..it'll pitch differently than the marker. otherwise even tailenders can comfortably play swing lol.

hmm....about the anims after the release. tbh, am really not sure at this stage. depends on how many play the game, ratings / feedback etc.

jkartik added 11 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

i dont know about LM's future plans but this game will certainly not "enrich" my resume in anyway.

am an aspiring movie director / writer / actor. making this game has nothing to do with my career prospects as you can tell.

i should actually be doing rounds of production studios, making short films, writing scripts, assisting directors, giving auditions etc. but am putting it all on hold so that i can finish this game once and for all. its ONLY the love for the sport and TAOC that has kept me going over the years.

i've never done any course in animation nor game development and whatever i've learnt so far is due to self-learning and improvement with obviously
the guidance of LM.

many a times, i decided to quit TAOC, planetcricket and the entire scenario and focus on my career...i even came pretty close and literally announced my resignation to LM. heck, even LM came close to quitting.

we have sacrificed social lives, personal relationships etc just for this game.

all this and for what ? few hundred people who MIGHT like this game, no pay etc. oh and not to mention facing the OTT nit-picking of a few members who sometimes fail to understand the basic things.

and now while am writing this, its again gotten me into the philosophical zone where i question whether i should continue or not ! :doh

so i better stop the "repeated several times" rant and go to bed in the hopes of getting up fresh and working towards the alpha.

JK
Who told you that this won't help you in your career? If i had a production studio i would have hired you without even asking any question. There are students who do animation courses from MAAC and other institutes but still lack the skills.

You do know that in every animator there is an actor. They should know how to act if they want to become a top animator. My advice to you will be to choose animation as your career. But its your career. :)

Last edited:
karthik and LM tell me...
Will I be able to bowl a few Chest height full tosses and break batsmans ribs ???? :D

karthik and LM tell me...
Will I be able to bowl a few Chest height full tosses and break batsmans ribs ???? :D

This is not Art of Street Fighting. :laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread